Seeking Hawk Dash Overlay Vendor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Hawk Dash Overlay Vendor

I'm trying to find the name of a Vendor who deals in Hawk Dash overlays. He was at the Last National in South Bend just a few weeks ago can anyone Help.

Like possibly the 62 Hawk wood grain dashes ?? If so I would be interested as well ..
    Love my Lark

Comment

Renee Harger of Southeast Studebaker markets engine turned dash overlays if that is what you are referring to.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I've modified the title of your thread to be more useful. Everyone seeking information, please remember that folks will only click on thread titles that are clear and descriptive Thanks!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I got mine from Rene at Southeast. It is stainless engine turned, not aluminum. His reproductions do not have the raised bead around the edge. Does not have the little bend over tabs for mounting. I used 2 sided molding tape. Looks better than any original I could find.
          Wayne
          "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic​

Comment

IIRC, JimmiJim8 had the wood overlay pieces for the GT Hawks (but that is old info)....
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
              IIRC, JimmiJim8 had the wood overlay pieces for the GT Hawks (but that is old info)....
              Somebody at Reedsville last fall had the wood overlay pieces, but it wan't Jim Kranak.

Comment

Terry Frye in Wisconsin does the wood graining. He does excellent work and is priced reasonably. His e-mail is "m547man@yahoo.com". Bill

Comment

Or, do as I did and do it yourself. I've just finished putting cherry veneer on all 3 parts of the dash overlay on my 63 Hawk and I must say it looks fantastic. Was easy to do too. The veneer is made by a company called Band-It. Mine is adhesive backed (that really sticks well) and cuts easily with scissors. I'll post photos once it's installed.

Comment

Thanks Frank It was Renee that I saw in South Bend. I called and ordered one today.

Comment

Thanks for the info on the GT Hawk dash overlays .. I will send Terry Frye an email to inquire ..

RT
                      Love my Lark

Comment

Used thin self adhesive walnut veneer from Rockler. Less than$50. Far prettier than original wood graining, but it does take some time and lots of care. Finish with tung oil or rub on poly. Be careful; once it is on you can't move it!

Comment

I was under the impression that my 1962 GT dash wood-like appearance was merely a walnut woodgrain finish printed onto a sheet of steel. I would think that any real wood refinishing with veneers would make the dash look "thick".

If I decide to re-do mine, I found a good substitute on Amazon. See https://www.amazon.com/Luffar-Automo...ain+vinyl+film.

You can buy huge sheets of other vinyl overlays for little money.

Bill L.

Here's another source: https://www.customautotrim.com/vinyl...p/dn-wgltwaln/
                          Last edited by 56GH; 06-10-2017, 07:46 AM. Reason: Additional info
                          Bill L.
                          1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Working...
                          X