Lion Hubcaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lion Hubcaps

I have 2 of these hubcaps if any body interested I am in the UK , open to offers don't forget postage. ThanksClick image for larger version

Name:	dhub.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	1754095

Your hub cap is not for a Studebaker of any year or model.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

It looks like the hubcap that goes on the wire wheel covers for a Kaiser/Frasier corporation car, most likely a Kaiser Darrin.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

It looks near identical to the center caps I saw on the wire hubcaps of a mid-1950s Olds last summer. It also looks near identical to a set of prototypes I once saw on a 56J. I believe they were correct for the Olds, and the wire baskets looked just like the ones used on Studes.

Also, Lyon made lots of stuff for Studes, as most of us know. But agree, though similar, the above hub cap is not for Studes.
        Last edited by JoeHall; 06-03-2017, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Here's a photo of my father's '56 Golden Hawk, the only originally manufactured and exported to the UK car. Whilst he was not the first owner of the car, he bought the car when it would have been maybe 4 years old... notice the hubcaps and the wing / front fender mirrors - bound to get the experts sucking in deep!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	White GH - resize.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	1713926 Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0016.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	1713927
          Richard
          sigpic

Comment

Maybe my memory is faulty (duh!), but weren't Stude trucks that were sold in the UK before WWII named after animals?
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
            X