1966 Cruiser Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 Cruiser Registry

I have been identified as the "Manager" of the 1966 Cruiser Registry (see May 2017 edition of Turning Wheels, page 20). I am requesting submissions from current owners to have their cars listed.

The 1966 register is by no means extensive so I must say thank for wishing to participate. In order to maintain continuity I would ask for the following information:

1. Serial number (if not modified will identify whether 6 cylinder or V8).
    2. Colour. Exterior and Interior
    3. Transmission type (auto, standard, overdrive)
    4. Modified or basically original/restored
    5. Date of manufacture (if known)
    6. Name of owner
    7. Location of owner (contact info if possible, will not be published unless owner requests)
    8.Llicensed, parts car or project.

Some of the information on the current registry has been gleaned from information provided by other more general registries and is incomplete. If any of you can identify these cars by their serial number I would appreciate any update information you may have.

Thanks again and when I receive your information I will update the registry.

Contact information:
    tattersallcliff@gmail.com
    Last edited by 2moredoors; 06-03-2017, 08:15 AM.
    sigpic
    55 President Deluxe
    64 Commander
    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Did all of the 66 Cruisers come with a V-8, or did some of them have six cylinder engines?
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I know that there were 6 cylinder 1966 Daytonas, so I believe there were also Cruisers with 6's.
      sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
      1950 Champion Convertible
      1950 Champion 4Dr
      1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
      1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Originally posted by thunderations View Post
        I know that there were 6 cylinder 1966 Daytonas, so I believe there were also Cruisers with 6's.
        Then the register should include engine type also, IMO.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

So, the '66 Cruiser and Daytona models are covered - is there anyone currently looking after the '66 Commanders? I can also confirm that all '66 models were available with 2 choices of 6 cyl. engine or the V8.
          Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander

Comment

Yes, probably more '66 Cruisers than Daytona Sports Sedans have the 230 c.i.d. 6 Cyl. or the 194 GM Six.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I already gave my information to someone here just a couple of weeks ago. My 66 Cruiser is still for sale in Oregon and only needs a new battery to take you anywhere.
              "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                Then the register should include engine type also, IMO.
                The registry does include both 6 cylinder and 8 cylinder. The 6 cylinder serial number start C13 and the 8 cylinder start C53.

You are correct however for the 6 cylinder to identify if it is a 194 or 230 however most people, I thought, would advise. I did state "modified" which I thought one would mention a change in the engine. I am attempting to keep it as simple as possible.
                Last edited by 2moredoors; 06-02-2017, 05:03 PM.
                sigpic
                55 President Deluxe
                64 Commander
                66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  I already gave my information to someone here just a couple of weeks ago. My 66 Cruiser is still for sale in Oregon and only needs a new battery to take you anywhere.

I believe this is your vehicle:
                  C533036 Y Gold/Gold C 1965/12/?? Craig's List OREGON 17-05-22 Auto
                  sigpic
                  55 President Deluxe
                  64 Commander
                  66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                    Yes, probably more '66 Cruisers than Daytona Sports Sedans have the 230 c.i.d. 6 Cyl. or the 194 GM Six.
                    According to the records that I have there were:
                    414 (Y9) 6 cylinder Cruisers produced and 10 were exported, verses 253 (F8) Daytonas and 3 were exported.
                    1844 (Y9) 8 cylinder Cruisers produced and 13 were exported verses 620 (F8) Daytonas and 4 were exported.
                    sigpic
                    55 President Deluxe
                    64 Commander
                    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Yes, that's it.
                      Originally posted by 2moredoors View Post
                      I believe this is your vehicle:
                      C533036 Y Gold/Gold C 1965/12/?? Craig's List OREGON 17-05-22 Auto
                      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                        Yes, that's it.
                        Please leet me know when it sells and who and where the new owner resides and then I can update the registry.

Good luck with your sale. These are great cars and really greater drivers.
                        sigpic
                        55 President Deluxe
                        64 Commander
                        66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

66 Cruiser C 532024 283/auto trans green, padded visors. day night mirror W/S washer, recliners, 1 pass. headrest, TT diff disc brakes. parts car .

MIKE Ferndale, Wa

Comment

Mark H . Cliff is covering only the 1966 Cruisers and doing a swell job . There is however a need for someone to manage the registry for the 1964 Commander , Challenger models as well as the 1965-66 Commander and Daytona 4 drs . Would you be interested ?? Please contact me either way at not4u@nlis.ca Thanks .

Old Fart Terry

Comment

There were no 4 Dr Daytona's in 65 and 66. They were designated Cruisers.
                              Originally posted by old fart View Post
                              Mark H . Cliff is covering only the 1966 Cruisers and doing a swell job . There is however a need for someone to manage the registry for the 1964 Commander , Challenger models as well as the 1965-66 Commander and Daytona 4 drs . Would you be interested ?? Please contact me either way at not4u@nlis.ca Thanks .

Old Fart Terry
                              sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                              1950 Champion Convertible
                              1950 Champion 4Dr
                              1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                              1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Working...
                              X