No announcement yet.

New record asking for a Coupe Express?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New record asking for a Coupe Express?

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/6138884526.html

Wonderfully nice build. Anyone think it will bring $124.995, being offered for sale on craigslist and up in the west-end of nowhere?

jack vines
    PackardV8

"The American Racing Hopster wheels will quicken your heart beat." I guess that is to get it restarted aftr seeing the price.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I hope, I hope, I hope....

Hyman of St. Louis bought the gray restored one at Auburn two years ago for $57K and turned around and offered it at 89K. Apparently sold but no idea how much.
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Good that I don't fit in the Coupe Express, so am not tempted to make the short, beautiful drive to Libby, MT.

Also looking at the two-tone paint; strictly personal preference, but the C-cab and the Coupe Express always look good in one color. How many prefer the two-tone?

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Never gonna sell at that price, but probably taking a loss, even at that price. The only folks who are gonna make money off that truck are the ones he paid to restore it.

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
            Good that I don't fit in the Coupe Express, so am not tempted to make the short, beautiful drive to Libby, MT.

Also looking at the two-tone paint; strictly personal preference, but the C-cab and the Coupe Express always look good in one color. How many prefer the two-tone?

jack vines
            Regarding "two tone" paint...I think it is great when a lighter color is used topside for practical cooling. Also when artfully applied to compliment the vehicles design. Of course we all know "art" is very subjective. I like C cabs with contrasting grille,bumper and wheel colors. I prefer tailgate letters highlighted in a bold color too. Some people have the talent to pull it off better than others.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I would have liked a dodge hemi too, but nobody I knew had one for sale at any reasonable price. Cool! I don't see any AC though.

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
                I would have liked a dodge hemi too, but nobody I knew had one for sale at any reasonable price. Cool! I don't see any AC though.
                We practically gave away a 241" Dodge hemi, complete with flywheel and manual transmission bell housing. No one wanted it at any reasonable price.

jack vines
                PackardV8

Comment

That same CE was for sale 5 years ago for a LOT less than that.
                  (and the pic's used are the same as 5 years ago)..
                  Be careful....
                  HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

It was on ebay a while back, but I don't remember numbers like those. Bought and being resold??? Like the kid selling pencils for $20K each said, "If I sell just one..."

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post

jack vines
                      I like the two tone all right, but with the dark color on top you lose the cool ribs that run from the top of the grill along the hood sides extensions of the grill bars.

Comment

Working...
                      X