59 Lark wagon Back up Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 59 Lark wagon Back up Lights

I am installing back up light kit (AC-2957). There is a LH and RH side. I drilled the holes according to the supplied template. The holes mounting the light body in my opinion should be parallel with the ground but the screw holes are at 8 o'clock and 2 o'clock. Also the supplied body gasket is too short to completely go around the light body and it is just one length and the manual shows it as one piece?
    Does anyone have a close up picture showing the orientation of an installed light?
    Thanks very much.

When I installed the gasket on my 61, I had to massage and stretch the gasket to get it completely around.

Use the "thin" 3M double sided body trim tape to hold the one end as you stretch it to get it all the way around. If you place the double sided tape right, you can get both ends on it to hold in place until it gets tighten to the body..

Comment

Whatever clocking fits the wraparound on the fender side will be the correct one, if the fender has it's original shape.
      It very well could be 8:00 and 2:00!

On the other hand, if that Kit fits '59 to '62 Wagons, the drawing may not be EXACTLY correct for a '59, if it was printed later.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
      X