PDA

View Full Version : Getting new interest

bob1944
05-29-2017, 11:36 AM
For the last three years our club (Rock River Chapter Studebaker Drivers Club) Have taken our car to local High School auto shop class's to get young people more into old cars. We've been to Rock Valley College (Rockford,Il.) Hononega High School Rockton,Il., Milton High School in Milton,Wi., And Parker High School, Janesville, Wi. We have had about 15 to 20 cars at each event. Alot of Studebaker but members have had everything from Mustangs to Nash Lafietts, Avanti's to 1948 Studebakers. The young people showed some interest in our car but the loudest and fastest seem to draw the most attention. Gordy Buech had his Studebaker Road Oiler at one and his 53 Coupe with a 500 inch Caddie. Hope other clubs try to interest other around the country to our passion. Thanks for the forum to spread the word.

jclary
05-29-2017, 11:50 AM
I'm comforted to know there are still places where "High School" auto shop classes still exists. In fact, "High School" shop anything. As far as I know, in my area, few. if any, High Schools have courses related to the "trades." Most seem to have relinquished such studies to vocational and community technical schools.