Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Neitzel Funeral Folder

[V] [Obituary in The Studebaker Passings Forum.]

His Obituary in The Sunday, January 13, 2008 Indianapolis Star may be viewed through the following link; note the STUDEBAKER cap!

David was quite a character, and will be missed by everyone who knew him...and even those who [u]didn't</u>, but remember his many costumes and associated antics with his antique Studebakers at any International Meet he attended. If anyone has a photo of David in his leather "bomber" cap, reclining in Omaha with his mostly-original antique Studebaker, please post it.

David Neitzel was a funny guy and amassed quite a Studebaker stash. His beloved wife of 55 years, Barbara, was equally enjoyed by all her knew her, but had passed away some four years ago. It is good to know he has interested, grown sons living on the same property who will likely care for his toys.

Ironically, David's January 2008 funeral will be [u]at the same facility</u> as was that of our friend Tom "Snurdly; Dr. Dork" Stephany in December, 2004.

Tom and, now, David, leave behind shoes in The Indy Chapter SDC that cannot be filled. RIP, David. [V] BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

This is sad news. [V] I never met Mr. Neitzel, but knew of his amazing collection of rare prewar cars. It's good to know that they'll be cared for.

Here's that pic from Omaha of him and his unrestored '21 Big Six...

(Dave Lester pic)

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

This is sad news. [V] I never met Mr. Neitzel, but knew of his amazing collection of rare prewar cars. It's good to know that they'll be cared for.

Here's that pic from Omaha of him and his unrestored '21 Big Six...

(Dave Lester pic)

Matthew Burnette
      '59 Scotsman
      '63 Daytona
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

YEP! Many thanks, Matthew...and Dave [Lester]. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

YEP! Many thanks, Matthew...and Dave [Lester]. BP

Comment

I never had the pleasure of meeting David, but if my memory hasn't failed me, wasn't it his Children's Hearse that graced a TW cover a number of years ago? I remember it as a beautiful vehicle. We've certainly lost another of our best ... in fact, I'm sure if David, Carl Thompson and our other friends who've gone before have had their way, the Lord Himself is probably motoring about Heaven in a Studebaker as we speak!

Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

Currently driving an '87 Ford F-150, but I dream of having a Hawk one day. Don't we all?

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

Comment

I never had the pleasure of meeting David, but if my memory hasn't failed me, wasn't it his Children's Hearse that graced a TW cover a number of years ago? I remember it as a beautiful vehicle. We've certainly lost another of our best ... in fact, I'm sure if David, Carl Thompson and our other friends who've gone before have had their way, the Lord Himself is probably motoring about Heaven in a Studebaker as we speak!

Currently driving an '87 Ford F-150, but I dream of having a Hawk one day. Don't we all?

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

Comment

Yes; David's white Children's Hearse has appeared in many photos, including at least one Turning Wheels cover. BP

Comment

Yes; David's white Children's Hearse has appeared in many photos, including at least one Turning Wheels cover. BP

Comment

A year or two ago, the Antique Studebaker Club had a tour around South Bend. On one of the longer drives using some of the main roads around South Bend, David was leading the group with the '21. It was, to say the least, a 'brisk' spring morning and David and the '21 wasted no time in getting us all to the next destination. I believe he wore his long johns, but his passenger looked mighty frosted at the next stop. David was a unique species, he will be sorely missed. We are all the richer for having had him in our company. RIP David.

Tim K.
                    '64 R2 GT Hawk
                    Tim K.
                    \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

A year or two ago, the Antique Studebaker Club had a tour around South Bend. On one of the longer drives using some of the main roads around South Bend, David was leading the group with the '21. It was, to say the least, a 'brisk' spring morning and David and the '21 wasted no time in getting us all to the next destination. I believe he wore his long johns, but his passenger looked mighty frosted at the next stop. David was a unique species, he will be sorely missed. We are all the richer for having had him in our company. RIP David.

Tim K.
                      '64 R2 GT Hawk
                      Tim K.
                      \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

I remember him and his car, Omaha fall of 2006. I recall watching him drive that Old Studebaker on a trailer at the meets end. The car started and ran fine. It's a sad to loose folks, but life is that way to all of us.

Comment

I remember him and his car, Omaha fall of 2006. I recall watching him drive that Old Studebaker on a trailer at the meets end. The car started and ran fine. It's a sad to loose folks, but life is that way to all of us.

Comment

Update Tuesday, January 15: David's funeral was this morning, and his 1950 Champion 2-door sedan was at the head of the line. Interesting trivia: The presiding Pastor commented that David passed away at home less than 200 yards from where he had been born October 1, 1927 - WOW!

The funeral home's folder, the little document generated and printed with vital information for folks to take home as a momento, was unusually nice. In fact, it's the nicest one I've ever seen. It included an extensive obituary and had a nice color photo of David on the front in his STUDEBAKER cap.

I picked up several extras, so if anyone on the forum knew David well enough that you'd like to have one, drop me an SASE (address in any Co-Operator heading) and I'll return one to you in that SASE...."while supplies last!" [8D] BP

Comment

Update Tuesday, January 15: David's funeral was this morning, and his 1950 Champion 2-door sedan was at the head of the line. Interesting trivia: The presiding Pastor commented that David passed away at home less than 200 yards from where he had been born October 1, 1927 - WOW!

The funeral home's folder, the little document generated and printed with vital information for folks to take home as a momento, was unusually nice. In fact, it's the nicest one I've ever seen. It included an extensive obituary and had a nice color photo of David on the front in his STUDEBAKER cap.

I picked up several extras, so if anyone on the forum knew David well enough that you'd like to have one, drop me an SASE (address in any Co-Operator heading) and I'll return one to you in that SASE...."while supplies last!" [8D] BP

Comment

Working...
                              X