No announcement yet.

Avanti custom autosound stereo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Avanti custom autosound stereo.

Has anyone Installed a custom auto sound stereo in a 63 to. 87 Avanti.
    I ordered one. Ava-630 tried to Install it. It just does not fit. The radio knobs are 5 inches apart and the factory is 6 3/8. The faceplate is nowhere near the correct size.
    I called the company got a heavy accent Asian woman. Once I explained the issue she patched me to a voicemail is some tech guy. Who has not called back. Any help
    Thanks , Eric
    1 Family owned 63 Studebaker Avanti 63r-1705 White with Orange interior , R2 4 speed.
    Just purchased 63r-3623 R2 was a auto now dressed to a R3 with a4speed.

A quick search found Carid listed it as Ava-630 and said it fit Avanti. They also called it usa-630 and that is a GM unit that looks like you described the one you got and that won't fit. I'll bet when it's all said and done, you're original observation that it doesn't fit will be correct and you'll need to return it.

Run into this sometimes with companies that want to sell into our market and don't due the proper due-diligence.

Good luck, Bob

Comment

They are supposed to be custom set up for your application. USA630 is just a model number. They will take the knobs and cut the face out to your cars location, its also supposed to have a faceplate that fits and takes up the missing space, I have installed theses in other older Chevy cars in the past, no issues.
      1 Family owned 63 Studebaker Avanti 63r-1705 White with Orange interior , R2 4 speed.

Comment

On most custom radios, the shafts are adjustable. Loosen the nuts behind the knobs, and you should be able to move them.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

brad, they cut the knob area to move the knobs inward, I cannot re adjust what they did, When I called the people on the phone were not to helpful, That is why I am asking if anyone installed one of there units in a Avanti and did it come with a plate to fit inside the original stereo cover. Like I said I have installed these in other older cars, usually the knobs are in the correct spot with proper covers to look close to the original.
          Eric

Comment

Working...
          X