1942 Studebaker Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1942 Studebaker Coupe

Was told about a coupe today. It was said to have a 2 part back window. The guy it call call a airplane window. Is this stock or mess with. Looking at buying this car and a 47-48 I think. Waiting on the weather to change so I can look at them.

There was no 1941, 1942 or 1946 Studebaker model that had a two piece rear glass. He must be mistaken re year.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
      There was no 1941, 1942 or 1946 Studebaker model that had a two piece rear glass. He must be mistaken re year.
      Yeah, how cool would it be if it really turned out to be a '36 or '37 bat-wing coupe?!!!
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

"Airplane window" sounds more like a Starlight coupe. Time will tell......
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy204 View Post
          Was told about a coupe today. It was said to have a 2 part back window. The guy it call call a airplane window. Is this stock or mess with. Looking at buying this car and a 47-48 I think. Waiting on the weather to change so I can look at them.
          Thanks it's good to have people around smarter than me on this. I'll post more when I know more.

Comment

Sounds like a 2 door sedan, that some one has decided to call a coupe? See a lot of that on Feebay.
            Bo

Comment

I had forgotten about the early post war cars having a two piece rear glass.
              Attached Files
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Well I guess the sold both car from what I been told.

Comment

Working...
                X