PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker Drags - Nashville weather???

52-fan
05-23-2017, 04:15 PM
Looks like the weatherman is calling for 90% chance of rain on Saturday. The Seasons requires a 48 hour advance notice for cancellations, so I guess I am out for this year. Too bad.:(

63larkr1
05-24-2017, 11:28 PM
I just watched the local weather and checked the internet. The weather here for Saturday says partly sunny, but has a 50% chance of rain as of Wednesday night. We are in a strange weather system. I wish I had an accurate forecast, but I don't right now. Please make sure you are looking at Nashville, Indiana, not Nashville, Tennessee.
Please check weather for Nashville, Indiana zip code 47448. I'll post here any updates. In any case the Friday dinner and pies at our home will still go on.
Richard Poe

41 Frank
05-25-2017, 08:28 AM
We are still going, leaving today. If it rains it rains. Cannot cancel rooms now anyway.

BobPalma
05-25-2017, 08:51 AM
We are still going, leaving today. If it rains it rains. Cannot cancel rooms now anyway.

:!: Great, Frank; 'looking forward to seeing you and Elizabeth. Drive carefully. :) :cool: BP

52-fan
05-25-2017, 09:28 AM
If the forecast looks more hopeful early Friday, we still could drive most of the way and arrive Saturday morning. Time will tell.

sgriggs
05-25-2017, 12:40 PM
Richard,

What time will things start at the track on Saturday? I'm planning to drive up that morning.

Thanks.

Scott Griggs
Louisville, KY

63larkr1
05-25-2017, 03:38 PM
Scott,
Track opens at 9:00 and we should hit the track after 10:30.
Richard

63larkr1
05-26-2017, 10:48 AM
Looks like the race is on, weather report for us here south of Indy is good. I will post any change.
Richard

63larkr1
05-26-2017, 02:04 PM
Race is on!!
Richard

52-fan
05-26-2017, 08:13 PM
By the time the forecast changed it didn't matter for me. The house of one of my daughter's coworkers burned so she has to work. Maybe next year. :(

41 Frank
05-26-2017, 09:10 PM
Weather channel now says just cloudy tomorrow at the track. Bad weather is currently hitting north of here around Indy. Large hail and 70 mile per hour wind and torrential rain. We are far enough south we should be fine. Thanks to Richard and Rose Poe for the wonderful dinner and dessert this evening. Thanks to Chuck Kern for running a "shuttle" between the hotel and The Poe's house. Boogety boogety boogety lets go racin' boys. There is even a guy here from the left coast and one from the right coast. One of them drove his '55 Studebaker. (from California)

BobPalma
05-26-2017, 10:01 PM
:) 'Couldn't make the dinner tonight but 'looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday. Wicked weather up north here, to be sure...but as Frank said, most of it missed Brown County.

If my 180 HP / Flightomatic '64 Wagonaire was fast enough, we could have a camera crew in the back photographing the racers coming at us...but I'm afraid we'd be run over! :eek:

See y'all soon! :cool: BP

BobPalma
05-27-2017, 07:13 PM
:!!: WOO-HOO!

7PM Saturday evening and 'just returned from the event. Not a hint of rain; :woot: even a little warm!

Good Studebaker attendance and fellowship; the threat of rain must not have scared many people away. A rough estimate of Studebaker on the premises would be 25, but I'm sure Richard will post an accurate tally.

It was another great time and a great year; thanks again to Richard and Rose Poe for such a gala affair. :!: ;) :cool: BP

63larkr1
05-27-2017, 08:27 PM
Thanks Bob,
We are exhausted after a great day of Studebaker racing. Great turnout, great time. We were expecting about 6 more cars then we had, and several spectators that were no shows due to the weather. No rain around here for the past few days and none today. I think people look at Indianapolis, or Nashville, Tennessee weather.
We want to thank everyone that has supported this event. We have a lot of non Studebaker people including other racers really impressed by Studebaker performance.
Thanks,
Richard and Rose