'47 - '50 Two Piece Windshield Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: '47 - '50 Two Piece Windshield Installation

I know the one piece windshield is installed from the inside. Looking at the two piece in the business coupe, it looks like it could be installed from the outside. I've seen instructions on the one piece, but not the two piece. The two rear windows look like the install from the inside. What say you?
    Perry
    \'50 Business Champion
    \'50 Starlight Champion
    \'60 Lark Convertible,
    \'63 GT R1,
    \'67 Triumph TR4A

The 47-49 shop manual on page 11 covers the two-piece windshield. Installation and removal are from the inside. Look at the profile of the gasket. Does it look like you could push the glass through the opening from the outside?
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

If all else fails, look at the instructions. The '50 shop manual indicates the same inside installation procedure.
      Perry
      \'50 Business Champion
      \'50 Starlight Champion
      \'60 Lark Convertible,
      \'63 GT R1,
      \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Does the windshield need to be removed, or are you just doing it to install the headliner?

If just for the headliner, I developed a technique to install headliners without removing the glass.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

All of the above. The 67 year old window gasket is hard as a rock and the glass is broken. Plus there will be a new headliner.
          Perry
          \'50 Business Champion
          \'50 Starlight Champion
          \'60 Lark Convertible,
          \'63 GT R1,
          \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Working...
          X