Monroe shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks: Monroe shocks

Does anyone know the Monroe shock part numbers for a 64 Daytona Convertible? My local Napa dealer came up empty>

I'm not a Monroe fan.( I used to sell most makes). I'd step up and do the KYB Camaro/Firebird conversion as they are (in my opinion) a much superior shock and reasonably affordable. Part No : KG 4550 & KG 5526 respectively. A little modification to the mounts and they will work well.
    There is another thread posted here regarding Koni Shocks being reproduced. Again, my opinion, but Konis are the very best you can purchase. Bilstein are wonderful too. I have Konis for all my Studes, Avantis and Packard Wagon.
    Good luck in your choice.
    Bill

Comment

Back in the day, these were the NAPA Regal Ride Shock Absorber part numbers for 1957-1964 Studebakers

Deluxe: 2003. Master: 5002. Standard: 8503. You might see if your NAPA dealer can cross those to newer numbers or find a pair languishing in a warehouse somewhere. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Napa fronts are NS5759, Monroe Sensa-Trac fronts are 5759, go figure! Gabriel fronts gas classic is 82087, classic rears are 82103. Monroe rear shocks are OEM Spectrum #5081 ( supposedly they also fit a 64 Galaxie, 57-71 chevys, etc.), Load leveler LL492. Maremont Rear is 725458. My Commander is gonna need them at some point soon, so good information to have in hand. Thanks to Buzzard for the KYB #s.
        Hope this helps,
        LB
        1966 Y-4 Commander
        1963 8E-10 122 Champ

Comment

Over the years, I've purchased shocks from this outfit:

Name of the company and location changed way back. A decade or more ago, their shocks were typically very oversized low-pressure Gabriel gas shocks with a nice balance of comfort and control. Always painted for show quality, definitely not cheap, not the routine "Gabriel Classics." The last set I ordered was for the '55 about 8 years ago. They turned out to be Monroe. But they will tell you what they are offering currently.
          Gil Zimmerman
          Riverside, CA

1955 Speedster
          1956 Golden Hawk
          1958 Packard Hawk
          1958 President
          1963 Avanti R2

Comment

Working...
          X