Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0090.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	1754018Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0092.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	1754019Just a quick question the 2 small diaphrams in the valve housing how are they seated , are they a press fitting or screw, one has blown out and need to replace it,Thanks in advance for your Help Regards Ray

Originally posted by brooker View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]64226[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]64227[/ATTACH]Just a quick question the 2 small diaphrams in the valve housing how are they seated , are they a press fitting or screw, one has blown out and need to replace it,Thanks in advance for your Help Regards Ray
    Those are the inlet and outlet valves. What do you think happened to the "blown out" valve? Was it melted by fuel?
    One of several sites that shows how to rebuild these pumps is: https://www.428cobrajet.org/how-to-fuel-pump . This is a Ford high performance pump with three valves, but it's very similar to other Carter pumps.
    Mike M.
    Last edited by Mike; 05-18-2017, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Ray the umbrella piece is pressed in. a small flat nosed punch will remove it handily.Luck Doofus

Comment

I'm bookmarking that!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks Mike and doofus all back together and running well,

Comment

Originally posted by brooker View Post
            Thanks Mike and doofus all back together and running well,
            Hi Brooker, you say its working well; assuming it is a Carter R2 pump (? mine is still all together, I'm researching before tearing it apart), what rebuild kit did you use? I have been going through posts (should have noted DATES!), and recall comments of the Stude vendors kits not fitting well or leaking oil, etc.. and the Ford "X" pump kits being better (I also looked through that Ford "X" pump rebuild site, good info!). Thanks for the info, Brooker or anyone else, as to what the situation is like now. I've had my kit for a while, and know it say it has a Viton diaphragm and has rivets in it, but not sure that it said WHO MADE it or anything in the one page of instructions.... Since I'm doing a 57 Golden Hawk but adding the R2 pump for a return fuel line (had enough vapor lock to last a lifetime with our '53 Buick Super V8 convertible in parades and such since I was a kid to this day, I don't have a manual that covers the R2, depending on Forum posts. Thanks again.

Comment

Brooker's Carter Fuel Pump is a Standard V8 smaller one than a R1/R2 Carter Super Pump, these are closest to Chrysler not Ford.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X