Lark Wikipedia article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark Wikipedia article

OK, I know how some of you feel about Wikipedia, but I've been working on the Lark article there, and I'd like everyone to look at it and let me know what you think. Since I can't work, blogging and Wikipedia have become a nice way to keep my mind active.

I do try to make sure that what I write is correct, and Lord knows I've got lots of sources, what with all of my books and TW issues from years gone by. It ain't perfect, I know, but I want people to learn as much about our favorite cars as they can stand!

Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

Currently driving an '87 Ford F-150, but I dream of having a Hawk one day. Don't we all?

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

Good job Jacob![^] It is kind of neat that anyone can do that, but can get very wrong, when it is not done correctly! [:0]

I think I updated some '57 and '58 stories that were way off base, because lots of people THINK they know what they are talking about, but do not!

You must have spent a good deal of time researching the info to get it that good. [^]

I almost thought you had it wrong when I saw that the Lark was built from 1959 to 1962! But then I saw you have prefaced it by showing the correct Corp. name of the Co's that built them! A bit of an unusual way to say it, but nonetheless correct![^]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Good job Jacob![^] It is kind of neat that anyone can do that, but can get very wrong, when it is not done correctly! [:0]

I think I updated some '57 and '58 stories that were way off base, because lots of people THINK they know what they are talking about, but do not!

You must have spent a good deal of time researching the info to get it that good. [^]

I almost thought you had it wrong when I saw that the Lark was built from 1959 to 1962! But then I saw you have prefaced it by showing the correct Corp. name of the Co's that built them! A bit of an unusual way to say it, but nonetheless correct![^]

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well, actually Rich, the company names were something that was already there and I haven't yet done anything to that. I don't think that part reads very well, but I'm going to come up with a solution, possibly as soon as I finish this post. Check back and let me know whatcha think!

EDIT: I changed 'em. Let me know if it reads better; I'm tired and it looks good to me, but that's just me! [)]

Comment

Well, actually Rich, the company names were something that was already there and I haven't yet done anything to that. I don't think that part reads very well, but I'm going to come up with a solution, possibly as soon as I finish this post. Check back and let me know whatcha think!

EDIT: I changed 'em. Let me know if it reads better; I'm tired and it looks good to me, but that's just me! [)]

Comment

I have a problem with it saying that the Larks were built from 59 thru 66 in Canada. Granted, that's true, but they were built in South Bend (the main factory) from 59 thru 64 as well.

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I have a problem with it saying that the Larks were built from 59 thru 66 in Canada. Granted, that's true, but they were built in South Bend (the main factory) from 59 thru 64 as well.

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs
                they were built in South Bend (the main factory) from 59 thru 64 as well.
                As well as assembled overseas too.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs
                  they were built in South Bend (the main factory) from 59 thru 64 as well.
                  As well as assembled overseas too.

Comment

Guys, give it a look now and see what you think. I hope I've addressed your concerns; if not, let me know. I really want to make sure it's right.

Currently driving an '87 Ford F-150, but I dream of having a Hawk one day. Don't we all?

Comment

Guys, give it a look now and see what you think. I hope I've addressed your concerns; if not, let me know. I really want to make sure it's right.

Comment

Lookin' good![^]

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Lookin' good![^]

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Jacob you done good! A very concise and from what I can see, accurate portrayal of my favorite line of Studebakers! Thanks for your hard work on the article!

Studedude1961
                            --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Jacob you done good! A very concise and from what I can see, accurate portrayal of my favorite line of Studebakers! Thanks for your hard work on the article!

Studedude1961
                              --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                              X