Help with attitude adjustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with attitude adjustment?

Or at least give me a way to put a positive spin on this. Today is the 13th. Tomorrow is Sunday and the mail does not run. Turning Wheels has still not shown up here in North Alabama. A year ago we got TW at the beginning of the 4th week of the previous month. To me, that make it 3 weeks late, and this has been happening for quite a few months.
    Everyone wants to see new members join our club and enjoy all that encompasses the Studebaker world. Turning Wheels is a large part of that and is really an incredible publication. Telling a potential member that the club magazine has a great "for sale" section where they can find that rare part they are looking for, but they will get the magazine three weeks after the rest of the country is not a selling point.
    Ideas anyone?
    George Cagle
    North Alabama Chapter

1937 Dictator
    1947 M5
    1948 Commander
    1963 Avanti

....mine arrived a week ago.
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

Think Positive at least you dont live in L A. It would take much longer for that ZIP Van to get there with your mail. L A Lower Alabama that is T. W. Try not to think about em. Let em be a SURPRISE !
      My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
      sigpic
      Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
      in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

I just received my May Turning Wheels yesterday (Friday) in central Minnesota, so it is apparently later than usual everywhere.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Yeah I received mine yesterday May 12th, I think they are late due to the staff going to the international meet and having to adjust their workload etc. TEASER you will find a photo of my Lark inside somewhere.....

Comment

Haven't gotten mine yet May 13.
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Occasionally, throughout my 40+ years in the organization, TW has been late. May's issue is late which is not the norm for the magazine. An early May International meet can play havoc with the production schedule so just be a little patient and soon it will arrive. Please remember once it is mailed it is in the hands of the Postal Service and that's where most of the delays occur.
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

The March issue never got to me, so I had another copy sent by Cornerstone (which they did a marvelous job). The first week of May low and behold I get the original copy (in perfect condition). So somewhere in the postal system there is a hole that certain folks issues are put into and then dug out a few weeks later, just to cause some anxiousness. This months issue was delivered on the 12th, so it seems we all are running late. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                  Haven't gotten mine yet May 13.
                  Roy lives just across the bridge and I got mine last Monday.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

There is another/previous thread/topic on this May issue with TW.

I do not believe that the SDC International should have had anything to do with this tardiness (ref. post 5 and 7). The Editors and the printer should have had the May issue in the mail before leaving for the SDC International in May. They might use that as an excuse for the June issue.

I have yet to learn when the May issue was mailed and what the cause of the delay was. Since some in SDC must have known that it was going to be a couple of weeks late, that information should have been posted here, at least.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                      Roy lives just across the bridge and I got mine last Monday.
                      That's amazing. I live a couple of hundred miles from the point of mailing and I received mine last Thursday (5/11). You are about 3000 miles away and you received yours "last Monday" (May 8). Perhaps the bulk of them were held up in the US Mail at some point. It would be nice/good if someone would post when these were put into the mail.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Not to worry..........USPS is begging for another increase in postal fees......That will solve the delivery time problem....All will be good....

Comment

"To me, that make it 3 weeks late, and this has been happening for quite a few months".

ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT YOU REQUESTED: So then now it's on time when it's 3 weeks late.....

You said put a positive spin on it.
                          Last edited by jg61hawk; 05-14-2017, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I received my copy of TW this past Friday, just after I called the subscription dept. I was told that the May & June issues will be later than usual due to the National Meet coverage.
                            I called them because my usual delivery is the last week of each month.
                            I hope this helps.
                            Rog
                            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                            Smithtown,NY
                            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by raprice View Post
                              I received my copy of TW this past Friday, just after I called the subscription dept. I was told that the May & June issues will be later than usual due to the National Meet coverage.
                              As Gary stated in post #10, the May issue would have been printed and in the mail before the meet.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X