Service Bulletins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Bulletins

I have found that the Service Bulletins that Studebaker issued are a wealth of information not found in the shop manuals. Among other information that has been helpful is they would list the paint formulations for each model year. My question is when did they stop publishing them? The newest one that I could find is No. 367 dated September 1962, which covers the "new" 8E series trucks.

A secondary question is that I am looking for the paint formulation for Golden Sand Metallic.

Service Bulletins were discontinued in 1962, and Service Letters took their place. The latest Service Letter I'm thinking that I have is 1967, maybe later but would have to pull my book out to check.

About 10+ years ago, there was a CD with Service Letters made up by the Internet Chapter folks..........I contributed some letters to that effort.
    Last edited by r1lark; 05-14-2017, 04:08 AM. Reason: Corrected some information on chapter
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Are these still available on cd or do we have to hunt for these as well?

Mark

Comment

I have a small binder full of these that I haven't looked at in quite some time; I need to dig it out and see if there's any for my Lark!

Comment

Originally posted by landriopa View Post
          I have found that the Service Bulletins that Studebaker issued are a wealth of information not found in the shop manuals. Among other information that has been helpful is they would list the paint formulations for each model year. My question is when did they stop publishing them? The newest one that I could find is No. 367 dated September 1962, which covers the "new" 8E series trucks.

A secondary question is that I am looking for the paint formulation for Golden Sand Metallic.
          I concur with your statement re the Service Bulletins containing "a wealth of information." Volume 1 No. 1 Service Bulletin was issued in January 1926.The last #368 was the October 1962 issue (intro of '63 model year). The Jan 1926 thru November 1946 issues contain 2498 pages. From Jan '47 thru Oct. 1962 another 1406 pages for a total of 3804 pages. My collection is complete and I also have combined indices for most all. Re your desire to find the color formulations they will not be of any value for paint matching (Golden Sand) since the component colors used in the formula have not been available for decades. By the way I also have all of the Service Newsletters going back to the teens (that's 19 teens) with indices for these.

Addendum: My TW Almanac column for Feb. 1999 has a fairly comprehensive article on the Studebaker Service Bulletins.
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet View Post

Mark
            See post #3
            South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet View Post

Mark
              As far as I am aware......no.
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                Service Bulletins were discontinued in 1962, and Service Letters took their place. The latest Service Letter I'm thinking that I have is 1967, maybe later but would have to pull my book out to check.

About 10+ years ago, there was a CD with Service Letters made up by the Internet Chapter folks..........I contributed some letters to that effort.
                The newest Service Letter that I could locate now is K-1966-1 dated Nov. 23 1965.
                I remember when someone in the Newsgroup undertook this project.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  The newest Service Letter that I could locate now is K-1966-1 dated Nov. 23 1965.
                  I remember when someone in the Newsgroup undertook this project.
                  The newest Service Letter I have is N-1968-1 dated 1-12-1968.
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

I believe the service bulletins are available on CD. Check with SI or Fairborn.

Comment

This is the handsome late cover put out by Studebaker which is full of both the Bulletins & LClick image for larger version

Name:	DSC03293.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1713659etters. It even includes a 28 page Champion Spark Plug art page catalogue covering Studebaker plugs.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                      MELBOURNE.

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK64 View Post
                        This is the handsome late cover put out by Studebaker which is full of both the Bulletins & L[ATTACH=CONFIG]64165[/ATTACH]etters. It even includes a 28 page Champion Spark Plug art page catalogue covering Studebaker plugs.
                        I don't think that binder was used in the US (don't know about Canada). Given that it's labeled Studebaker International, it may have been used only for overseas dealers. I have a couple of different Service Bulletin binders, but none look like that.
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

Just talked to Phil at Fairborn and he has the CD of Service letters/bulletins. $15.00. Got one on order.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                          X