PDA

View Full Version : Squelching a rumor regarding the 2020 International Meet

Pat Dilling
05-10-2017, 09:13 AM
After the recent International Meet a friend contacted me saying he had heard a rumor that the 2020 International Meet would be held in the Placerville, CA area in order to coincide with a Studebaker event being held there. As far as I know, this is not true. I think the foundation of the rumor is this:
In 2019 the Karel Staple Chapter will be hosting the Pacific Southwest Zone Meet on Thursday through Saturday before Father's Day. This will be held in the Sacramento area at a location to be determined. This will coincide with the 75th Running of the John M Studebaker Wheelbarrow races in Placerville on Fathers Day. This will give meet attendees the opportunity to stay an extra day and attend and show their cars at the Wheelbarrow Race event. Details to follow as we get closer.

Thanks

Pat Dilling

spokejr
05-10-2017, 10:34 AM
Pat,

Thanks for the clarification. I had heard about the wheelbarrow races in P-ville and hope we can make it up there. I haven't been there for about 20 + years and need to see what's up.

Ken Buchanan

thunderations
05-10-2017, 10:43 AM
Nice to see that a club is planning in advance to make life easier for members to attend surrounding events. Thank you.
Those of us traveling in RV's would sure like to get advance info on nearby RV parks, or RV parking at the event.

Avantidon
05-10-2017, 04:31 PM
While at the SB meet the Board of Directors approved the venue for 2019 which is Mansfield Ohio put on by the Mid-Ohio chapter. We try to work at least two years in advance so many can plan. An announcement on 2019 will be made soon.

voxnut
05-10-2017, 05:50 PM
Very cool about the Zone meet in 2019, but I kinda hope the P'ville 2020 rumor is unscquelched at some point. :)

raoul5788
05-10-2017, 07:56 PM
While at the SB meet the Board of Directors approved the venue for 2019 which is Mansfield Ohio put on by the Mid-Ohio chapter. We try to work at least two years in advance so many can plan. An announcement on 2019 will be made soon.

I hope the local committee is already working on it, two years isn't very long to put on an international.

2R5
05-10-2017, 07:59 PM
I hope the local committee is already working on it, two years isn't very long to put on an international.

Heck what about next years , usually you can book a hotel right after an International for next year . Haven't heard a hotel mentioned ??

brngarage
05-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Next year's meet will be held in Tacoma, Washington.

2R5
05-10-2017, 09:39 PM
Next year's meet will be held in Tacoma, Washington.
I know but there is no info besides dates on the meet , usually that stuff would be out at the meet this year ???