newest hawk on the planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newest hawk on the planet

I was telling my wife about the opportunity to own the 2nd to the last GT hawk produced for sale on ebay. The title of this post was the way she described it, interesting way to think of it.
    According to the ad the last one produced has been destroyed.
    Mark Riesch
    New Bern, NC

The last Hawk was for sale by a club member maybe 25 years ago. A man in Prineville Oregon owned it, and it was equipped wit a 3 speed/od and a 3.07 rear end.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
      The last Hawk was for sale by a club member maybe 25 years ago. A man in Prineville Oregon owned it, and it was equipped wit a 3 speed/od and a 3.07 rear end.
      What Brad said in Post #2.

I'd need more documentation that the last one built has been destroyed. Don't bet on it; it's been accounted for through the years. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

It recently sold on ebay 64V19830 $36000 the listing had it a full package car
        Mark Riesch
        New Bern, NC

Comment

Comment

The last Hawk produced is alive and well. I know the person that bought it many years ago from the original owner, and he confirmed that he still has it.
            This Hawk is the one from Prineville, Oregon that was the subject of a long ago Turning Wheels article.
            However, reading the eBay ad for the R-2 package Hawk, it seems to say it was the second to the last R-2 package Hawk, and the existence of the last R-2 package Hawk is in question, not necessarily the very last Hawk.
            Last edited by Studebakercenteroforegon; 05-09-2017, 08:07 AM.

Comment

very good I assumed too much
              Mark Riesch
              New Bern, NC

Comment

Interesting points and observations. I am the new owner of the eBay 64 Package Hawk. I have the original of the letter from SNM. I believe that Studebakercenteroforegon is correct. The letter reads, "There is no evidence that the one GT full-package Hawk with the R-2 engine survived that was manufactured after this (my car) R-2 full package Hawk. If that is indeed the case, this (my car) is----The last surviving GT full-package R-2 Hawk built at the Studebaker plant before it closed on 20 December 1963".

I hope this helps clear up any confusion. I'm an absolute newbie to the site and welcome all comments or remarks, critical or otherwise (as long as they are polite, please)

Rick

Comment

Working...
                X