Wire Wheel Covers Found 2 Only PICTURE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire Wheel Covers Found 2 Only PICTURE

Someone called with these. Are these ours? They have no clips and they just lay in the rim of one wheel I checked. Does anyone need them?
    Attached Files

Pm sent. Thanks John

Comment

To bad you didn't have the others and the clips , those tend to be kind of pricey discs . Think they were available from 64 to 66
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by jg61hawk View Post
        Someone called with these. Are these ours? They have no clips and they just lay in the rim of one wheel I checked. Does anyone need them?
        '55 - '57 Thunderbirds (I think) used the same wheel cover so Thunderbird vendors usually have the clips. BUT, they are not as good as the original Studebaker ones. You really have to have five Ford clips per wheel while the original Studebaker ones are four to a wheel. In any case the covers are tricky to install and easy to lose.
        Sorry about the very small picture, but it shows a Studebaker clip on the left and a Ford clip on the right.
        Attached Files
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I have used the Ford clips on mine for several years now. Have not had any problems. Yes, they are a pain to install, but it doesn't matter which clips you have, Studebaker or Ford, it's the same pain. Mine have stayed in place for somewhere's around 10,000 miles with no incidents.
          sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
          1950 Champion Convertible
          1950 Champion 4Dr
          1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
          1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Stude John sent a PM and the caps are his. Thanks for the replies and other PM's. He was first, sorry to others who PM'd.

Comment

Oldsmobile used that same clip on their spinner wheel discs in 1957..

Comment

Working...
              X