How to set presets on my radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: How to set presets on my radio

I don't know how to set the presets on my radio in my 1957 President I tried pulling out on the buttons but they don't seen to want to pull out, am I missing something?

They may have some internal corrosion. Pull one out hard, tune the station, and push the button in. If the station jumps when pushing the button in, there is even more corrosion.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Can't pull them out by hand, I am afraid I will break the buttons if I try to grip them with pliers.

Comment

This a common problem with the AC2747 and 2748 radios used in the 1956 and 57 cars. Like Radio Roy says, there is some corrosion inside of the tuning mechanism which can usually be corrected by removing the radio from the instrument panel and lubing the push button sliding parts. Even when everything is properly lubed, for some reason, the push buttons are still hard to pull out. Bud

Comment

Do not pull them out with pliers... please.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

Comment

Not going to, I may live with it for now.The radio works great so I will adjust it the old fashion way

Comment

Originally posted by Studevair View Post
              Not going to, I may live with it for now.The radio works great so I will adjust it the old fashion way
              Pulling the buttons out and pushing in is the old way! Mordern is to just hold down on the button until the radio beeps or whatever.

Comment

You may have better luck wiggling them from side to side (NOT up and down) at the same time as pulling on the button. The main pulling force has to be straight out.

Comment

Working...
                X