PDA

View Full Version : Franklin, GA

Studedude
04-28-2017, 06:45 PM
Anyone here near the Franklin, GA area that might be able/willing to check out a car for me?

rockinhawk
04-30-2017, 08:50 PM
Sorry, It ain't in my part of Georgia.

Studedude
05-01-2017, 06:00 PM
Sorry, It ain't in my part of Georgia.
Shucks, I was hoping you might be close. I know you would give me an accurate report!

jclary
05-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Unless I'm wrong, Franklin is the name of a county in Georgia. The county seat is the town of Carnesville. That's about 81 miles down I-85 for me. About half way from me to Atlanta. And...the older I get, the trip is increasingly unpleasant getting that close to Atlanta.

bumpkinvilledano
05-01-2017, 07:08 PM
If it is the town of Franklin, it's about 2 hours away from me. Located in Heard county, closer to Alabama than Atlanta

Studedude
05-01-2017, 07:11 PM
According to Google maps, Franklin is 85 miles SW of Atlanta on Interstate 85.

jclary
05-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Well...now I'm confused:confused: (what's new:rolleyes:) 'cause I'm using Google maps too. Every time I try to enter Franklin, Ga., it takes me to "Franklin County." That is up I-85 near the South Carolina state line.

So, I entered "Atlanta, Ga. to the Alabama state line on I-85, just to see if I could zoom in and find a town named Franklin. Doing that... it says 80 miles and names the nearby town as West Point, Georgia. Five miles further and you are 5 miles in Alabama.:p:confused::(

Studedude
05-01-2017, 08:43 PM
'Kinda makes me wonder if I can get there from here if I decide to buy the car. (And back?!) -¿Ö

jclary
05-01-2017, 09:47 PM
'Kinda makes me wonder if I can get there from here if I decide to buy the car. (And back?!) -¿Ö

WOO HOO! I found it!:!: Apparently, Franklin Georgia is not in Franklin County. Franklin County's county seat is Carnesville Georgia. However, Franklin Georgia is the county seat of Heard County. Although, the info Google provides does not refer to Franklin as a town or city. Instead, it calls it a "village." Population 902 (seventeen years ago). It is somewhere north of a Georgia Game management area, west of Wilson's Store, but east of Texas, Georgia. (You following this???):confused:

Ordinarily, I do my best to assist a fellow SDC friend, but while typing this little ditty, and searching the map, two horror movies came creeping from the back of my memory...The Sadist (1963) and The Duel (1971 with Dennis Weaver).:eek: I think I'll pass on this one.:whome:

Studedude
05-01-2017, 09:52 PM
:eek: I think I'll pass on this one.:whome:
I think I hear banjos in the background.

Guido
05-02-2017, 11:14 AM
I think I hear banjos in the background.

And a pretty mouth?

rockinhawk
05-02-2017, 03:27 PM
WOO HOO! I found it!:!: Apparently, Franklin Georgia is not in Franklin County. Franklin County's county seat is Carnesville Georgia. However, Franklin Georgia is the county seat of Heard County. Although, the info Google provides does not refer to Franklin as a town or city. Instead, it calls it a "village." Population 902 (seventeen years ago). It is somewhere north of a Georgia Game management area, west of Wilson's Store, but east of Texas, Georgia. (You following this???):confused:

Ordinarily, I do my best to assist a fellow SDC friend, but while typing this little ditty, and searching the map, two horror movies came creeping from the back of my memory...The Sadist (1963) and The Duel (1971 with Dennis Weaver).:eek: I think I'll pass on this one.:whome:

That's where I found it John. It's east of Texas, but south of Waco, and Temple. Not too far from Villa Rica, former home of the Avanti Motor corp. Looks like it's about 30-40 miles from Douglasville. If you can get in touch with Jerry Forester, he might be able to check it out for you

sweetolbob
05-02-2017, 05:16 PM
And a pretty mouth?

Did someone refer to Ned Beatty???

https://youtu.be/j1KZOApOVlg

Studedude
05-05-2017, 03:45 PM
As temping as it is, I've decided to pass on it. Not a 'Stude, but would still be fun:

https://images.craigslist.org/00h0h_6oLY0ZrtcxJ_1200x900.jpg

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/cto/6090675490.html

studegary
05-05-2017, 09:17 PM
Dave - Thanks for posting what you were pursuing.
It looks very nice and I like these, but it is not for me without heat, A/C or door handles, especially at the price asked.

Studedude
05-06-2017, 10:44 AM
Dave - Thanks for posting what you were pursuing.
It looks very nice and I like these, but it is not for me without heat, A/C or door handles, especially at the price asked.
As it turns out, it has heat, and 90% of the AC plumbing is still in place, they just didn't hook it all back up after the front clip modification.

IMHO, the price is not that far out of line. If you could find a decent one for 5K, you would then spend at least 5K for the kit, and another 5K for install, paint, and body work. It's perfectly suitable as a daily driver as-is, but "needs" more spent on it to make it what I would want it to be.

And, while I think the seller is an absolutely honest person, I'm not comfortable buying something like this unless I can see it with my own eyes, or have another person check it out for me.

studegary
05-06-2017, 09:40 PM
As it turns out, it has heat, and 90% of the AC plumbing is still in place, they just didn't hook it all back up after the front clip modification.

IMHO, the price is not that far out of line. If you could find a decent one for 5K, you would then spend at least 5K for the kit, and another 5K for install, paint, and body work. It's perfectly suitable as a daily driver as-is, but "needs" more spent on it to make it what I would want it to be.

And, while I think the seller is an absolutely honest person, I'm not comfortable buying something like this unless I can see it with my own eyes, or have another person check it out for me.

I agree that it would cost that much to build one, but, as you know, that does not determine value.
There were no pictures of the rear.