New Avanti Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Avanti Book

I found this while searching the Motorbooks publishing company's website...

Avanti - The complete Story by John Hull will be published in April.

It promises the entire Avanti saga..."This book tells the amazing story from the Avanti inception in South Bend, Indiana, to its current status in Cancun, Mexico" to quote Motorbooks.
    I wonder if the "current status" mentioned is the Mexico production story or the new story about Kelly's problems?

I'm not familiar with John Hull. A long time Stude fan?

Here's the Motorbooks synopsis on their website.

Brimming with creative inspiration, how-to projects, and useful information to enrich your everyday life, pursue your interests and passions at Quarto.com. Visit our site to browse and buy our beautifully illustrated books for children and adults.

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

I've met him two or three times. I believe he pretty much spearheaded the Avanti 30th Anniversary Celebration in South Bend in '93, and also worked for Avanti when it was in Villa Rica, Georgia. I think he might have been in the financial end at that time, although I'm not certain. He is a longtime Avanti buff from back in the Studebaker days. He was working the Avanti display at the Chicago Auto Show in '02 when I was working near there, and after I introduced myself to him, said he remembered me (I was a friend of a friend of his at that time), and he had me "man" the display and pass out brochures while he took a restroom break!

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

I've met him two or three times. I believe he pretty much spearheaded the Avanti 30th Anniversary Celebration in South Bend in '93, and also worked for Avanti when it was in Villa Rica, Georgia. I think he might have been in the financial end at that time, although I'm not certain. He is a longtime Avanti buff from back in the Studebaker days. He was working the Avanti display at the Chicago Auto Show in '02 when I was working near there, and after I introduced myself to him, said he remembered me (I was a friend of a friend of his at that time), and he had me "man" the display and pass out brochures while he took a restroom break!

Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

My opinion is that John Hull is the most knowledgeable Avanti person in existence. I will buy the book.
        George Rohrbach

Comment

My opinion is that John Hull is the most knowledgeable Avanti person in existence. I will buy the book.
          George Rohrbach

Comment

John Hull is by far the most knowledgable Avanti Expert in the world. John has been invovlved with AOAI for a long time. He has the most extensive collection of Avanti Memorbilia in the country. he was for a number of years the editor of the Avanti magazine. He was also John Seaton's right hand man in the revival of the Avanti in late 1999. Amy book written on the Avanti by John Hull is worth the price of the book. I wish him the best with this endeavor. The book has been and is being proofed by other knowledgable Avanti people so it will be correct and the true story with lots of humorus andidotes.

See you in the future as I write about our past
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

John Hull is by far the most knowledgable Avanti Expert in the world. John has been invovlved with AOAI for a long time. He has the most extensive collection of Avanti Memorbilia in the country. he was for a number of years the editor of the Avanti magazine. He was also John Seaton's right hand man in the revival of the Avanti in late 1999. Amy book written on the Avanti by John Hull is worth the price of the book. I wish him the best with this endeavor. The book has been and is being proofed by other knowledgable Avanti people so it will be correct and the true story with lots of humorus andidotes.

See you in the future as I write about our past
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I just ordered one.
                Since 1999, we've paid our members over $3.2 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!

'56J
                '53 Willys wagon
                '02 Boxster

63 R2 Avanti on the way
                Never raise your hands to your children, it leaves your groin unprotected.- Red Buttons

'63 Avanti R2
                '14 Boxster
                '64 GT Hawk R1 JT
                '37 Dictator Coupe
                '37 Dictator Coupe "slight custom"

Comment

I just ordered one.
                  Since 1999, we've paid our members over $3.2 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!

'56J
                  '53 Willys wagon
                  '02 Boxster

63 R2 Avanti on the way
                  Never raise your hands to your children, it leaves your groin unprotected.- Red Buttons

'63 Avanti R2
                  '14 Boxster
                  '64 GT Hawk R1 JT
                  '37 Dictator Coupe
                  '37 Dictator Coupe "slight custom"

Comment

The book is also listed on Amazon.com here: http://www.amazon.com/Avanti-Complet...0061176&sr=1-1

I've seen proofs of the book and it really is well done and the definitive book on the Avanti.

Also, The author was employed by Avanti Motor Corporation in Villa Rica Georgia from November of 1999 to July of 2001. He is a member of the Society of Automotive Historians, the Avanti Owners Association International Inc. and the Studebaker Drivers Club.

Lew

Lew Schucart
                    Editor, Avanti Magazine
                    Lew Schucart
                    Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

The book is also listed on Amazon.com here: http://www.amazon.com/Avanti-Complet...0061176&sr=1-1

I've seen proofs of the book and it really is well done and the definitive book on the Avanti.

Also, The author was employed by Avanti Motor Corporation in Villa Rica Georgia from November of 1999 to July of 2001. He is a member of the Society of Automotive Historians, the Avanti Owners Association International Inc. and the Studebaker Drivers Club.

Lew

Lew Schucart
                      Editor, Avanti Magazine
                      Lew Schucart
                      Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

with lots of humorus andidotes.
                        Sorry to "pick nits" but....did anyone else catch this? Didn't know a book could be sick but....live and learn! (Flame suit on!)
                        John

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

with lots of humorus andidotes.
                          Sorry to "pick nits" but....did anyone else catch this? Didn't know a book could be sick but....live and learn! (Flame suit on!)
                          John

Comment

Dr. Rohrbach,

You do not know, or rather have not met every Avanti expert with knowledge.....I have met many over forty years that have as much or more than the former CFO of Avanti.

quote:Originally posted by Georger

George Rohrbach

Comment

Dr. Rohrbach,

You do not know, or rather have not met every Avanti expert with knowledge.....I have met many over forty years that have as much or more than the former CFO of Avanti.

quote:Originally posted by Georger

George Rohrbach

Comment

Working...
                              X