Blingy F*rd flathead on craigslist!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blingy F*rd flathead on craigslist!

If I was still messing around with old Fords, I'd be on this!! I like small block Chevy motors, had more than my share of 'em, but I'm so tired of seeing them installed in Fords, Studebakers and everything else. Heck, I'd even buy this to put in the middle of the living room for an artsy sculpture... if my wife would let me....

I'm with you! Nothing better looking than a ford flat head with all the goodies. I spent many a day up to my elbows in one just like the one being offered. I wish I had something to put it in, I would jump on it.
    Thanks for posting.
    Nick

Comment

I have drove all over the south east to get the right engine for what ever I was building, drove to Norfolk VA for a correct 1952 Champion engine with 5000 miles, The heat riser still worked, wrecked in 1955 and was pulled for a boat that never happened, drove to Gulf Port MS for a year correct 1941 Buick engine from a member on this board.

Any more when I go to a car show and a SMALL BLOCK CHEVY IS SPOTTED I just keep walking.

Johnny

Comment

"Any more when I go to a car show and a SMALL BLOCK CHEVY IS SPOTTED I just keep walking."

YUP!

Comment

Wanted in the worst way to build one like that from the 7 trailer load of parts I bought that became a 39 Ford Standard Coupe. I took the four flathead blocks I had to the local specialty machine shop, John called a week later and asked if I had anymore blocks as all four had cracks in bad places. He said he could repair a couple of them but wouldn't guarantee the repair. Decided to cut my losses, junked the blocks and built a little 302 SBC for the car, bolted it to a rebuilt 39 ford 3-speed and drove the wheels off of it. It even had cruise control for long trips.

If this wouldn't get you to stop by at a car show then I'm glad at least somebody appreciated it.

I kinda miss the old gal but it left to become two Avanti's in my polebarn, but darn, they both have SBC's

Bob

Comment

Admission of guilt, my '64 Daytona has a SBC. But, when I bought it someone else had already done the McKinnon swap. So, I'm only guilty by association.

I agree, whenever practical, especially with the big three stick to the manufactures engine if possible. I just don't get the Cobra's that have a SBC in them. Were I a wealthy man and had a Cobra kit car I'd put the Falcon/Maverick inline 6 in it just to make a (counter) point. Or, a flat head.
            '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

I might do a cobra before I die but it'll have a small block ford like the ones Dan Gurney drove did.
              Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

The hardest job I ever did was to jack the valves out of a sludged up 51 Mercury flat head.. Thankfully, the engine was in the car..

Comment

Working...
                X