Name:	4-25 004.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1753914Click image for larger version

Name:	4-25 005.JPG
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	1753915

I am basically new back to the Studebakers fold for a couple of years now. I have owned Studebakers for over 50 years now and I couldn't be happier. I took a long time for me to finally get a Coupe Express that I could build my way. I built a 46 M5 back in 1985 that was a really nice truck, it had some home made running boards on it and I couldn't stand the way they looked. I ordered some replacements from a vendor in Turning Wheels. I never will forget when they arrived how the box rattled when you shook it, what I did't know until I opened it was--- The rattling was what was left of the running boards, they had literally fallen to pieces, only big chunks left--- Fast forward 40 years , I got Bob Peterson to trade his 37 running boards for mine which were "Rhino- Lined" and Ugly. I really didn't know what I was going to do with the new boards but I figured at least I had a good pattern. Before I brought the truck back to California I was at a small show in Mooresville, North Carolina and a fellow drove up in a 37 Coupe with the nicest running boards I have ever seen. he told me about the Shrock Bros. and low and behold I finally got a set of their covers and a brand new grille badge yesterday, it was just like "Christmas" in April. These are nice and the Shrock Bros. are really a godsend for the sport. I can't begin to tell ya'll how impressed I am. If you need covers, definitely give them a try, you wont be disappointed. The photos are of them just laying on the boards. I still have to glue them on!
    sigpic

Amen to that. Good guys who are avid Studebaker men themselves and who do things no one else can or will do. Just received a steering wheel for my '37 President from Tom. Will be ordering all the rubber and other misc. parts from them.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Shrock Bros are the BEST in whatever they do. stupak

Comment

Tom and Dave produce only the best; not cheap, but worth every penny!

Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
          Amen to that. Good guys who are avid Studebaker men themselves and who do things no one else can or will do. Just received a steering wheel for my '37 President from Tom. Will be ordering all the rubber and other misc. parts from them.
          Right on regarding these brothers. I first met them years ago when they came south to our fall meet in Western North Carolina. They had brought down their custom boat tail roadster. Anyone who has a picture, please post it. I have one buried in an album somewhere, but not on my computer. I'm in awe of the skill of these guys, and after years of resisting, (CASO me), I purchased one of their steering wheels for my Land Cruiser. Probably the best looking part on the whole car. From their exclusive & limited die cast productions, great steering wheels, down to the lowly knobs, & grommets they produce...always top quality first class.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            Anyone who has a picture, please post it.
            Glad to oblige, John. I took these photos at the 1980 SDC Gettysburg Meet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shrock Boat tail.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	1713383 Click image for larger version

Name:	Shrock Boat tail2.jpg
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1713384 Click image for larger version

Name:	Shrock Boat tail3.jpg
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1713385 Click image for larger version

Name:	Shrock Boat tail4.jpg
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1713386

And, of course, they also produced it in a 1:72 scale model. Click image for larger version

Name:	43rd_1940_Boat-tail_front.jpg
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1713387 Click image for larger version

Name:	72nd_1940_boattail.jpg
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1713388
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I bought a pair of covers from them in 2004.
              They look today like they were put on yesterday.
              High praise, indeed!
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

My running boards are coated with bedliner....yuck. I suppose one of these days I'll bite the bullet and get the good covers...or remove the running boards.
                Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

running board covers

Name:	C.E. running boards.jpg
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1713390Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160913_170748.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1713391

Tom, I know what you are talking about--- my P.O. had the running boards coated in rhino-liner as well, I thought they were hideous. Fortunately for me as I stated, Bob Peterson had a nice set on his 37 sedan and he was indecisive about what to cover them with. I suggested the trade, we swapped with me doing the installation. It worked out well for both of us because he was just flipping the sedan. I still have to epoxy coat the boards and glue them on. Shrock Bros. turn out an amazing product that isn't out there anywhere else--- great guys!
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi Gene,
                    I used a set on my 1937 Sedan many years ago and they still look great.

In the past month I have been reassembling the dash board in my 1939 Commander whilst the wiring guy has been doing his thing. It is a little modified from original as it should be woodgrain finish, but Tom Shrock's work really sets the dash right off.

I have just ordered a set for my 1937 President Convertible sedan, plus a bunch of other bits.

Regards
                    Greg

Name:	DSCN0117.jpg
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	1713392 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0676.jpg
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	1713393
                    Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
                    1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
                    1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
                    1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
                    1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
                    1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
                    1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Wow Greg, that is a beautiful car, I haven't seen one in person. I had some reservations after my first "running board" debacle but after they arrived--- I was floored at how nice they were! After restoring a lot of Brand X's, I had become spoiled on how easy it is to just order any part that you wanted because everybody reproduces parts for them--- not the case with Studebakers, sometimes the "hunt" will take you all kinds of places!
                      Last edited by StudebakerGene; 04-26-2017, 09:49 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Can't go wrong with Shrock Bros. Glad you finally got them. Too bad they didn't come in time for me to see them in Stockton. Can't wait to see your CE when it's all done. You do such great work.
                        Jon Stalnaker
                        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by StudebakerGene View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]63705[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63706[/ATTACH]

I am basically new back to the Studebakers fold for a couple of years now. I have owned Studebakers for over 50 years now and I couldn't be happier. I took a long time for me to finally get a Coupe Express that I could build my way. I built a 46 M5 back in 1985 that was a really nice truck, it had some home made running boards on it and I couldn't stand the way they looked. I ordered some replacements from a vendor in Turning Wheels. I never will forget when they arrived how the box rattled when you shook it, what I did't know until I opened it was--- The rattling was what was left of the running boards, they had literally fallen to pieces, only big chunks left--- Fast forward 40 years , I got Bob Peterson to trade his 37 running boards for mine which were "Rhino- Lined" and Ugly. I really didn't know what I was going to do with the new boards but I figured at least I had a good pattern. Before I brought the truck back to California I was at a small show in Mooresville, North Carolina and a fellow drove up in a 37 Coupe with the nicest running boards I have ever seen. he told me about the Shrock Bros. and low and behold I finally got a set of their covers and a brand new grille badge yesterday, it was just like "Christmas" in April. These are nice and the Shrock Bros. are really a godsend for the sport. I can't begin to tell ya'll how impressed I am. If you need covers, definitely give them a try, you wont be disappointed. The photos are of them just laying on the boards. I still have to glue them on!
                          That is the reason I used my cherry M16 running boards on my M5 Truck .That and I built bed and located fenders , so stock running boards have little chance of fitting correctly
                          Randy Wilkin
                          1946 M5 Streetrod
                          Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Working...
                          X