PDA

View Full Version : Kool April Nites in Redding CA

Pat Dilling
04-23-2017, 06:58 PM
STU COOL and I will be there representing Studebaker this year. We will get to Redding this coming Thursday April 27 and heading home on Sunday. Look me up if you will be in town. We are staying at Oxford Suites. PM me your phone # if you will be around or watch for me in the Friday night cruise or at the big show on Saturday.

https://www.koolaprilnites.com/

Pat

Green53
04-23-2017, 08:29 PM
I take it you are skipping South Bend this year.

Denny L

Pat Dilling
04-23-2017, 10:18 PM
Yes Denny, that is correct. Too many other things going on.

Green53
04-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Sorry I won't get to see you. Had I not pre registered and bought airline tickets I would have cancelled as well.

Denny

Pat Dilling
04-24-2017, 01:23 AM
I definitely plan to be in Washington next year. Hopefully we will see each other there.

studeclunker
04-24-2017, 04:34 PM
This is one of the weeks I AVOID Redding. The city is a mess normally. Add Cool April Nights into it and Redding becomes a nightmare. Might go in for the parade, but I doubt it.

Pat Dilling
04-24-2017, 06:11 PM
Come on down to the Civic Center on Saturday. I'll have a cold beer for you.

studeclunker
04-25-2017, 12:39 PM
Come on down to the Civic Center on Saturday. I'll have a cold beer for you.

Pat, I thought the car show was at Turtle Bay?

Pat Dilling
04-25-2017, 08:56 PM
Civic Center - Turtle Bay - Sundial Bridge, all right next to each other. Car show takes up the parking lots and the big grass area in front. I should have said Civic Auditorium.

studeclunker
04-26-2017, 03:36 PM
Ah, yes. The Turtle Bay area. No the Civic Centre is a palatial building they put up for themselves on the south side of old Redding, off Cypress Ave. The town is falling apart and the city supervisors are spending the budget on themselves. Gotta love Redding... not! Could be worse though. Could be Trinity County. Weather permitting I might brave the mess and come down into it. I have to make a trip to the DMV anyway.

paintim613
04-26-2017, 08:16 PM
Enjoy, Pat. I still say STU COOL forever!

Lonnie S
04-26-2017, 08:23 PM
I will be in the cruise Fri and the show Sat. It will be my first show and am really looking forward to it. I live in Anderson and go to the big show every year, never been to the cruise too much of a zoo to park and watch then leaving is chaotic as well. I noticed that there really aren't all that many Studebakers that attend, so I figured I would make it one more! Maybe I will see some of the SDC members there.

studeclunker
04-27-2017, 12:05 AM
Lonnie, do you own the red Hawk visible from the stop sign on North and Stingy?

Pat Dilling
04-27-2017, 01:10 AM
Lonnie, I will be watching for you both days.

Pat

Lonnie S
04-27-2017, 08:41 AM
No sir, I have a 48 Champion in Shenandoah Green.

studeclunker
04-28-2017, 01:23 AM
Braved the traffic today to dash in and out of the DMV. Not bad. I got off at the exit from 44 for the Convention centre and caught a glimpse of a bevy of beautiful old cars, then was a good boy and turned left towards the DMV and away from the car show. Saw a lot of nice old cars, traffic was heavy but a bit more sane than usual. When I was on my way out, I saw a Gorgeous Bermuda Brown Avanti. Nice couple in it, chatted with them for a minute or so before the light turned. Why is it traffic lights turn so quickly when one has an interesting occupation and take forever when one doesn't? Stopped at the Grocery store for a few minutes and items, then back on 44 and back out into the countryside where Wilbur and I belong. Due to the car show (I think) people were a bit more patient with us as I pottered along at fifty or so. Wilbur behaved himself like a real gentleman today. I was even able to climb Carpenter's grade (7%) without down-shifting, which I've never been able to do up till now. But then, the brakes aren't dragging anymore either. Gosh, maybe I'll even make it to Church on time this Sunday!

Pat Dilling
04-30-2017, 07:58 PM
Wish you would have driven over to the convention center for a visit. They had moved the usual Macy's show from the Mall to the Convention Center parking lot. They would have let you drive right in with an older car.

studeclunker
05-02-2017, 02:23 AM
I have shown up in the past with my Studebakers and they haven't. They wanted the earth to park and/or I had to walk wayyyyy to far. So I did'nt even turn in this time. Sorry.