PDA

View Full Version : Just For Fun......

SN-60
04-22-2017, 09:10 AM
A hypothetical question!:ohmy:....If any of the following famous 'Lark Type' vehicles were entered into the next Barrett Jackson auction, which do YOU think would receive TOP ($$$) bid??

(and, to be fair, let's assume all of the following eleven vehicles are presently in #1 shape!! :))

'The Whistler' '63 Lark Regal

Motor Trend Magazine's '64 Commander R2 road test car

The 'Stewed Tomato' '63 R3 Lark Custom

Car Life Magazine's '63 Lark Wagonaire R2 road test car

The Studebaker/Paxton R4 Bonneville '64 Daytona convertible

The 'factory production line' '64 R3 Commander sedan

Car Life Magazine's '64 R4 Daytona "Build It Yourself Studebaker" road test car

Hot Rod Magazine's '64 R3 Daytona road test car

The Studebaker/Paxton R3 Bonneville '64 Daytona convertible

The 'Plain Brown Wrapper' '64 R3 Challenger

Bonneville 6 cyl '64 Lark (#6) which set 46 speed/endurance records

........................OPINIONS WELCOME in this VERY UNSCIENTIFIC poll! :D

junior
04-22-2017, 09:55 AM
just a WAG....The Studebaker/Paxton R4 Bonneville '64 Daytona convertible...

oh, forgot to say why...
1. its a 'vert
2. R4
3. B'ville history
4. Been massaged by the Granatelli boys

cheers, junior

studegary
04-22-2017, 10:20 AM
I would say that the convertibles would bring the most, probably with the R3 the highest (due to the whirly thing under the hood). .

Keep in mind that the vast majority of buyers there are not Studebaker fans and convertibles, in general, bring more than hardtops that bring more than sedans or wagons.

Personally, I would like the Wagonaire.

ddub
04-22-2017, 12:28 PM
For me, I would spend the most hypothetical $ that I don't have on the Tomato because of its history.

Swifster
04-22-2017, 02:10 PM
I'd go with the R3 Commander. I love paperwork. And Nelson, if you ever want to give the car away, I'm in Florida...LOL!

SN-60
04-22-2017, 04:51 PM
My two cents.....Given that all the cars mentioned above are historically significant and quite valuable....I'd have to say that the 1964 Daytona 'Bonneville' R3 convertible, in 'as raced' condition, would floor the crowd at a B-J auction:ohmy:....I feel it would be the most valuable car of the entire lot! :)

StudeNewby
04-22-2017, 09:34 PM
My two cents.....Given that all the cars mentioned above are historically significant and quite valuable....I'd have to say that the 1964 Daytona 'Bonneville' R3 convertible, in 'as raced' condition, would floor the crowd at a B-J auction:ohmy:....I feel it would be the most valuable car of the entire lot! :)

Ditto. It's got all the bells, whistles, and provenance that those with deep pockets love!

SN-60
04-23-2017, 02:20 PM
Let's get a few more 'votes' in folks.....No need to be shy!! :D

SN-60
04-26-2017, 01:13 PM
Looks like the 1964 Daytona R3 'Bonneville' convertible is the Studebaker Forum's choice!!! :!!:

studejohn
04-26-2017, 02:41 PM
Well being the owner of The Whistler I'm honored to have my car even on this list. But I would think any of the Bonnieville lark rank right up there. I would think The Whistler would be under a different category. Like other of its kind racing in the time that Studebaker was in business. Cars like Warn and Day 63 R1 stander and Color Me Lonely and I'm sure there are others that fall in that category. Thanks John

SN-60
04-26-2017, 03:16 PM
"The Whistler" (great name by the way!) definitely deserves to be on this list John, as cars like it and a few others, although not directly owned by the factory, kept Studebaker performance in the public eye to the end! :!!::!!::!!::!!:

(How's its restoration coming along?)