Need heater parts-heater valve, motor, fan assembly, housing 57 President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need heater parts-heater valve, motor, fan assembly, housing 57 President

The under-seat radiator is connected to the hoses, but my valve was after-market and could not be rebuilt by SI. I do not have the 12-volt motor and blower assembly either, which are probably the same for all Studebaker cars 56-58 including the 57-58 Clipper. Need to be 12 volts on the motor. I have sent an inquiry to Studebaker Parts, Inc. for the valve. Can anyone help with NOS or used parts can be refurbished? Blower assembly and motor attaches to the opening in the upper right of the attached photo. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0055.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	1753887
    sigpic
    Jack, in Montana

I found a heater valve which should work from oldcarpartsnw on ebay which I ordered. About $125 including shipping, said to be NOS Studebaker 1962-1966. Brand is Everhot. First two photos are from ebay/oldcarpartsnw, and the third is the "after market" unit which I removed from my President. Considering SI charges around $85 for a rebuilt unit and I paid $10.50 for shipping the "after market" unit to SI and SI charged me $10.50 to send it back to me, I guess $125 is not a bad price. Too bad no one at SI could recognize the "after market" unit I sent was actually NOS for Studebaker 1962-1966. Typical enough for SI.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Everhot  (2).jpg
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	1713325Click image for larger version

Name:	Everhot  (3).jpg
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1713326Click image for larger version

Name:	Everhot old.jpg
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	1713327
    sigpic
    Jack, in Montana

Comment

I think we've got everything you need NOS... http://mystudebaker.com/

In fact, we just came across a complete Climatizer kit for a '57 sedan that we pieced out and inventoried.

Comment

M.B. Thanks for the reply. I have sent a PM and attached a photo or two of my car at La Palma 2016. Need almost everything except the valve which I just purchased. The red pickup is not mine. Put it in by mistake from La Palma, 2016. Left it in as eye candy.

Attached Files
        sigpic
        Jack, in Montana

Comment

Working...
        X