PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Forrester's chrome looks really nice!!

Charlie D
04-15-2017, 11:06 PM
I sent five pieces off to Jerry for chrome plating. He plated the three sections of the grill and the flying"V" ornament. He also plated the trunk pull. Except for the fender molding everything back to the front doors are done. I wired in the fog lights today. I am pretty excited to see seven years of tinkering coming together and looking like a car again.

Charlie D.

ndynis
04-16-2017, 08:21 AM
Better than new!

SN-60
04-16-2017, 08:56 AM
You're going to end up with a really beautiful '55 President Charlie!....The new chrome looks great,....and I love that 'Saginaw Green' color! :!!:

62champ
04-16-2017, 09:17 AM
That looks great - hard to miss these cars with that much shinny stuff out front.

Remember a SDC member back in Texas who had the center section sent out to get done, and when it came back, they had almost completely ground out the STUDEBAKER - poor guy was almost sick.

52-fan
04-16-2017, 09:21 AM
I'm looking forwaed to seeing your car in Branson. Could this be the year? :)

SN-60
04-16-2017, 09:24 AM
The '55 Stude center grill has to be a REAL CHALLENGE for the chrome shop!....I remember back in the mid seventiies when N/A was selling NOS ones for fifty dollars each!!!! :woot:

Jerry Forrester
04-16-2017, 06:21 PM
I sent five pieces off to Jerry for chrome plating. He plated the three sections of the grill and the flying"V" ornament. He also plated the trunk pull. Except for the fender molding everything back to the front doors are done. I wired in the fog lights today. I am pretty excited to see seven years of tinkering coming together and looking like a car again.

Charlie D.

Hey Charlie. That stuff looks a lot better installed than it did before it was shipped. Keep up the good work.

Jerry Forrester
04-16-2017, 06:27 PM
That looks great - hard to miss these cars with that much shinny stuff out front.

Remember a SDC member back in Texas who had the center section sent out to get done, and when it came back, they had almost completely ground out the STUDEBAKER - poor guy was almost sick.

Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
Well, actually, yes you can. If you have very deep pockets and aren't afraid to dig deep into them. Then you can get pretty much whatever you want.