Great day at the car show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great day at the car show

Last summer at a local show a guy comes up to me and asks if I would bring my Champ to a invitation only car show. I absolutely said yes. I have been to this show before and it is very well done. It is sponsored by the early Ford V8 club in central Illinois. Yesterday I delivered the Champ to the indoor show. My work is very busy right now with planting season upon us, so I toyed with not going to the show at all and just gathering up the Champ at the end of the day. This afternoon I decided I was caught up enough to sneak away. When I got there things were slowing down, but still a nice crowd. I bought some 50/50 tickets, bought a couple things at the swap meet and just was glad I made it to the show.

When awards time came they gave out many awards. I didn't receive one, but that's ok my Champ is more a driver than a show winner. At the very end they announced that their was $600 in the 50/50 drawing and low and behold I won. Great day!!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0948.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	1753869
    1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Congratulations on being invited and showing off that great looking truck.
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Nice! Was that at the Machesney Parl Mall?? If so, the 63 Gray Avanti belongs to a friend of mine, Kevin Nousianean

Jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

Nope. It's at a place called the Avantis dome in Pekin, ILlinois. Cool place
        1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

That is one MIGHTY NICE driver!!

Comment

Congratulations!
            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Ragtop View Post
              Nice! Was that at the Machesney Parl Mall?? If so, the 63 Gray Avanti belongs to a friend of mine, Kevin Nousianean

Jim
              It's a red t-cab Studebaker pickup truck Jim!!....VERY nice truck by the way!

Comment

looks like California Plates?
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Nope. Illinois light truck plates. I actually "use" this truck so I do not have antique plates. Illinois has very stringent rules on Antique plates. Our State is completely broke, so state police are always looking for reasons to write tickets......
                  1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	62 Champ.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	1713296Hey....did you break into my garage and take my truck?....better go look....

No, it's still there.
                    Lou Van Anne
                    62 Champ
                    64 R2 GT Hawk
                    79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
                      Last summer at a local show a guy comes up to me and asks if I would bring my Champ to a invitation only car show. I absolutely said yes. I have been to this show before and it is very well done. It is sponsored by the early Ford V8 club in central Illinois. Yesterday I delivered the Champ to the indoor show. My work is very busy right now with planting season upon us, so I toyed with not going to the show at all and just gathering up the Champ at the end of the day. This afternoon I decided I was caught up enough to sneak away. When I got there things were slowing down, but still a nice crowd. I bought some 50/50 tickets, bought a couple things at the swap meet and just was glad I made it to the show.

When awards time came they gave out many awards. I didn't receive one, but that's ok my Champ is more a driver than a show winner. At the very end they announced that their was $600 in the 50/50 drawing and low and behold I won. Great day!![ATTACH=CONFIG]63521[/ATTACH]
                      That doesn't look like a factory authorized front bumper location. But I love it. Makes the front end look complete and finished. Very nice truck.
                      sals54

Comment

Bumpers

Name:	Hot August Nights.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	1713301

I always thought the bumpers looked wrong from the factory, I moved mine up and added a 2016 Ford F150 spoiler underneath to hide the frame horns and in my case, the torsion bar. I think it really changes the look a lot, doesn't look like an afterthought, nice truck indeed Kurt---
                        Last edited by StudebakerGene; 04-17-2017, 08:59 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

bumpers

Name:	Champ @ tahoe front.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1713303

Another front view, bumper looks factory placed almost, you get a better picture of the spoiler as well.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X