Champ or T-Cab Seat Track Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Champ or T-Cab Seat Track Question

According to the Parts Books, the first 325 Champ Trucks used Seat Tracks 1333210 & 213 which were used in early Larks. Does anyone know if these early Trucks also used a spacer between the track and the floor pan? The later serial number Trucks used a wooden spacer made of oak or some other hardwood.
    If the early trucks did use a spacer, does anyone have a pair, or possibly a picture? The parts catalogs do not list the spacers at all for either type tracks.
    Thanks!
    JS
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

JS I'm new to this forum, however I do have pics of what I think you are looking for from a 1957-61 parts book. I'm not sure how to post pics.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studseat1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1713291Click image for larger version

Name:	Studseat2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	1713292

Comment

Originally posted by Kammy View Post
        JS I'm new to this forum, however I do have pics of what I think you are looking for from a 1957-61 parts book. I'm not sure how to post pics.
        Hi Kammy,

Welcome to the Forum, and the World of Studebaker! Thanks for the seat frame pics. I know what both types of seat tracks they used look like, but I am trying to find someone who has an early Truck that has the factory spacer blocks.
        I have a set of the blocks used on the later trucks, and I believe the early ones were different. The spacer blocks are not listed or illustrated in the parts books, but were needed on Champ Trucks to raise the seat high enough to clear the raised section of the floor pan needed for cab to frame clearance.
        I noticed in another thread that you are working on a newly acquired Champ. Good Luck with it, you may also want to check out the Studebaker Truck Talk Forum at http: //www.network54.com/Forum/23885 and also we have a group of dedicated guys called the Studebaker Truck Farmers: http://www.studebakertruckfarmer.de
        Jim

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
          Hi Kammy,

Welcome to the Forum, and the World of Studebaker! Thanks for the seat frame pics. I know what both types of seat tracks they used look like, but I am trying to find someone who has an early Truck that has the factory spacer blocks.
          I have a set of the blocks used on the later trucks, and I believe the early ones were different. The spacer blocks are not listed or illustrated in the parts books, but were needed on Champ Trucks to raise the seat high enough to clear the raised section of the floor pan needed for cab to frame clearance.
          I noticed in another thread that you are working on a newly acquired Champ. Good Luck with it, you may also want to check out the Studebaker Truck Talk Forum at http: //www.network54.com/Forum/23885 and also we have a group of dedicated guys called the Studebaker Truck Farmers: http://www.studebakertruckfarmer.de
          Jim
          Oh got ya! And here I thought I could help someone find what they were looking for hahah thank you for the reply back- such a great group of people. Been enjoying all the reads..... I wonder if my champ would have the "spacer blocks" your talking about? I will look into the other forum, just trying to keep up with this one for now- I couple spend all day reading! Then there wouldn't be anytime to work on the ole gal sitting in my garage! Happy Easter Jim. 😊

Comment

Yeah,
            I shouldn't be on here today either, but I fell out in the yard yesterday and messed up my left ankle. Went to Urgent Care, x-rays show no breaks but it sure is swollen and hurts like ....!
            Is your Truck a short bed or long? I have a 62 short wide bed model originally a 6 cylinder, but I installed a 289 V-8 that was in my first car (62 Lark) back in the 70's.
            Happy Easter to you too!
            Jim

Comment

Working...
            X