Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beautiful day for car exercise, oil change and wash.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful day for car exercise, oil change and wash.

62 degrees here in Shorewood Ill. Exercised the 57, washed and changed the oil. Washed the 51 Land Cruiser, hadn't since it came off the truck from AZ last month.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170408_115104.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1753833

In the 60s here in upstate NY. Tried to get a drive in yesterday, but had electrical troubles. Got it sorted out and took a nice drive today.
    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Since your brought it up. . . Today is sunny and 50 degrees. I took the '55 President out for a drive to Dairy Queen for a burger. I felt like a kid again.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I decided to take our '57 GH out for a post winter shake down cruise.
        After checking all of his vitals, I took him to the gas station for some fresh fuel.
        On the way back he started to rattle, I shut him down and called the Auto Club to bring him home.
        The next day, I removed the oil pan, and discovered 2 spun connecting rod bearings on the #5 and #6 journal.
        So......It looks like late spring or early summer before he gets out again......

Comment

It hit 80 degrees here today. My sons and I washed two brand 'X' cars and one GT Hawk

Comment

It was a fine weekend in the upper Midwest, wasn't it. Got an oil change on my Studebaker, battery back in, and it started right up. Worked on my sons driver, and got a third car out of the shop so the Stude could take it's place. Checked a bunch of tire pressures, then moved the boat around so it can be accessed.
            All just a bunch of general puttering about really. But now all the toys are in the their "summer" spots. Game on.

Comment

Working...
            X