PDA

View Full Version : 1956 Hawk, January Turning Wheels

brigand
01-08-2008, 03:50 PM
I have just received my January T.W. magazine, I would like to find out what the paint codes are on the '56 Hawk on the front cover. We had a '57 Commander in the family with similar colors, would like to paint my '58 2 door with same combination. Perhaps someone (maybe the owners of featured car) can tell me what the paint color codes are, as I cannot determine by looking on the net.
Help would be greatly appreciated.
Bernie

jbwhttail
01-08-2008, 04:31 PM
I/We(I have a wife):D own the car on the cover of Turning Wheels January 2008. The colors re Seaside Green(light color) and Glenbrook Green. The color combination was a 1956 color and changed a little for 1957. I'll be happy to email you the formula to mix the paint as it is if you wish.

If you want the 1957 colors, http://www.ncsdc.com/TechnicalPages/PaintForms.htm

Months back I emailed the paint formula to Ray-Lin but they aren't up yet

It is an addiction!

jbwhttail
01-08-2008, 04:31 PM
I/We(I have a wife):D own the car on the cover of Turning Wheels January 2008. The colors re Seaside Green(light color) and Glenbrook Green. The color combination was a 1956 color and changed a little for 1957. I'll be happy to email you the formula to mix the paint as it is if you wish.

If you want the 1957 colors, http://www.ncsdc.com/TechnicalPages/PaintForms.htm

Months back I emailed the paint formula to Ray-Lin but they aren't up yet

It is an addiction!

brigand
01-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Thank you for your prompt reply. Your Golden Hawk is gorgeous, thank you for sharing with every one on the Turning Wheels mailing list.
I would appreciate if you could e-mail me the color combinations you used. I will look up the mix formula for the '57's as well.
My e-mail address: equicare@shaw.ca
Bernie

brigand
01-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Thank you for your prompt reply. Your Golden Hawk is gorgeous, thank you for sharing with every one on the Turning Wheels mailing list.
I would appreciate if you could e-mail me the color combinations you used. I will look up the mix formula for the '57's as well.
My e-mail address: equicare@shaw.ca
Bernie

8E45E
01-08-2008, 05:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by brigand

I have just received my January T.W. magazine, I would like to find out what the paint codes are on the '56 Hawk on the front cover. Perhaps someone (maybe the owners of featured car) can tell me what the paint color codes are, as I cannot determine by looking on the net.
Bernie

Check out Frank's site at www.1956goldenhawk.com and click 'Options'.

He has all the paint & interior codes, etc.

Craig

8E45E
01-08-2008, 05:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by brigand

I have just received my January T.W. magazine, I would like to find out what the paint codes are on the '56 Hawk on the front cover. Perhaps someone (maybe the owners of featured car) can tell me what the paint color codes are, as I cannot determine by looking on the net.
Bernie

Check out Frank's site at www.1956goldenhawk.com and click 'Options'.

He has all the paint & interior codes, etc.

Craig

jbwhttail
01-09-2008, 03:22 PM
The 1956 colors are Seaside Green(light green) and Glenbrook Green(dark green), the formula below is a Diamont(manufacturer) formula and may differ if you use another paint manufacturer, in fact I know it will. The paint was matched to original paint that had been hidden from the elements behind trim pieces measured by a color spectrometer.

Seaside Green

UR50 Universal Mid Temp 11.5

BC190 White 110.3

BC500 Blue/Green 5.8

BC405 Bright Blue .4

BC200 Black .2

BC655 Organic Yellow .1

Genbrook Green

UR50 Universal Mid Temp 9.9

BC500 Blue/Green 41.2

BC171 Medium Aluminum 18.9

BC410 Green Blue 19.4

BC200 Black 10.0

The above formula is for Diamont paint and for mixing Quarter pints of
paint. This is formulated for base coat/clear coat.

It is an addiction!

jbwhttail
01-09-2008, 03:22 PM
The 1956 colors are Seaside Green(light green) and Glenbrook Green(dark green), the formula below is a Diamont(manufacturer) formula and may differ if you use another paint manufacturer, in fact I know it will. The paint was matched to original paint that had been hidden from the elements behind trim pieces measured by a color spectrometer.

Seaside Green

UR50 Universal Mid Temp 11.5

BC190 White 110.3

BC500 Blue/Green 5.8

BC405 Bright Blue .4

BC200 Black .2

BC655 Organic Yellow .1

Genbrook Green

UR50 Universal Mid Temp 9.9

BC500 Blue/Green 41.2

BC171 Medium Aluminum 18.9

BC410 Green Blue 19.4

BC200 Black 10.0

The above formula is for Diamont paint and for mixing Quarter pints of
paint. This is formulated for base coat/clear coat.

It is an addiction!

8E45E
01-09-2008, 05:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by jbwhttail

This is formulated for base coat/clear coat.

It is an addiction!

Thanks for the warning!! I'll make sure I'm wearing a respirator while using the stuff![:o)]

Craig

8E45E
01-09-2008, 05:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by jbwhttail

This is formulated for base coat/clear coat.

It is an addiction!

Thanks for the warning!! I'll make sure I'm wearing a respirator while using the stuff![:o)]

Craig

jbwhttail
01-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Don't we all wear them???????

I remmber painting a 1954 hardtop in Sandusky orange in shorts and sandles one summer night. The remainder of the summer I wores shoes as I had a nice orange toe nail color well into the fall.

Funny how in the 1970's few even thought about a respirator.

It is an addiction!

jbwhttail
01-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Don't we all wear them???????

I remmber painting a 1954 hardtop in Sandusky orange in shorts and sandles one summer night. The remainder of the summer I wores shoes as I had a nice orange toe nail color well into the fall.

Funny how in the 1970's few even thought about a respirator.

It is an addiction!

Bill Pressler
01-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Joe, although I posted something similar here after I saw your car in South Bend last summer, yours is without a doubt the most beautiful '56 Golden Hawk I've ever seen! Great photo on the cover of this month's TW! That color combination is stop-you-dead-in-your-tracks gorgeous! After yours, I would say the next prettiest one I remember was in a pink and white combination (was it called 'Rosebud'? I don't know if it was an original color or not, but it was striking). It was owned by a fellow in the Pittsburgh area whose name escapes me, but I haven't seen it in at least ten years or more.

Bill Pressler
Kent, OH
'63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

Bill Pressler
01-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Joe, although I posted something similar here after I saw your car in South Bend last summer, yours is without a doubt the most beautiful '56 Golden Hawk I've ever seen! Great photo on the cover of this month's TW! That color combination is stop-you-dead-in-your-tracks gorgeous! After yours, I would say the next prettiest one I remember was in a pink and white combination (was it called 'Rosebud'? I don't know if it was an original color or not, but it was striking). It was owned by a fellow in the Pittsburgh area whose name escapes me, but I haven't seen it in at least ten years or more.

Bill Pressler
Kent, OH
'63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

jbwhttail
01-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks Bill:

As I've said many times I hate green cars! My company supplied me a green truck a few years ago and I hated it from day 1, I had to drive it 3 years! :(:(

When I saw the Golden Hawk on Ebay I liked the color immediately. The previous 56J I had owned was Mocha/Doe Skin, I will admit the color is unusual, and by looking up the combinations the Seaside/Glenbrook production was twelve total between SB and LA. So I don't believe we will see many of them in the future. Our car is a number matching car. As a side note I saw one on Ebay last summer, red on the outside but it was Seaside and Glenbrook under the hood.

We apreciate all the compliments on the car, it is today exactly as I imagined it at the time of purchase.[^]

It is an addiction!

jbwhttail
01-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks Bill:

As I've said many times I hate green cars! My company supplied me a green truck a few years ago and I hated it from day 1, I had to drive it 3 years! :(:(

When I saw the Golden Hawk on Ebay I liked the color immediately. The previous 56J I had owned was Mocha/Doe Skin, I will admit the color is unusual, and by looking up the combinations the Seaside/Glenbrook production was twelve total between SB and LA. So I don't believe we will see many of them in the future. Our car is a number matching car. As a side note I saw one on Ebay last summer, red on the outside but it was Seaside and Glenbrook under the hood.

We apreciate all the compliments on the car, it is today exactly as I imagined it at the time of purchase.[^]

It is an addiction!

mbstude
01-11-2008, 07:23 AM
What Bill said!

The January TW cover is gracing the front of my notebook for school right now. Thanks Joe for doing that car up right, and thanks Art for turning out an excellent cover!
I have to say, it gathers more attention and comments (positive, of course) from the kids here than the TW with that Orange truck did. ;)

Matthew Burnette
'59 Scotsman
'63 Daytona
Hazlehurst, GA
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j209/mbstude/Scotsman%20pickup/0000_59_truck__avatar_december.jpg

mbstude
01-11-2008, 07:23 AM
What Bill said!

The January TW cover is gracing the front of my notebook for school right now. Thanks Joe for doing that car up right, and thanks Art for turning out an excellent cover!
I have to say, it gathers more attention and comments (positive, of course) from the kids here than the TW with that Orange truck did. ;)

Matthew Burnette
'59 Scotsman
'63 Daytona
Hazlehurst, GA
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j209/mbstude/Scotsman%20pickup/0000_59_truck__avatar_december.jpg

jbwhttail
01-11-2008, 05:49 PM
It might get comments but the "big Orange" got ya a young lady to court.......lol.

It is an addiction!

jbwhttail
01-11-2008, 05:49 PM
It might get comments but the "big Orange" got ya a young lady to court.......lol.

It is an addiction!

mbstude
01-11-2008, 05:59 PM
quote:It might get comments but the "big Orange" got ya a young lady to court.......lol.

Good thing you're married Joe, I'd really hate to see a banged up fender on that Hawk! [:o)]

Besides, I think the prettiest-'56J-in-existence would probably be more of a 'chick magnet' than an old pickup truck. ;) (Even without denting a fender.)

[b]Matthew Burnette
'59 Scotsman
'63 Daytona
Hazlehurst, GA

mbstude
01-11-2008, 05:59 PM
quote:It might get comments but the "big Orange" got ya a young lady to court.......lol.

Good thing you're married Joe, I'd really hate to see a banged up fender on that Hawk! [:o)]

Besides, I think the prettiest-'56J-in-existence would probably be more of a 'chick magnet' than an old pickup truck. ;) (Even without denting a fender.)

[b]Matthew Burnette
'59 Scotsman
'63 Daytona
Hazlehurst, GA

rockinhawk
01-11-2008, 06:37 PM
I won Matthew's Grandma's heart in a 56 Hawk!!!

Neil Thornton
Hazlehurst, GA
'57 Silver Hawk
'56 Sky Hawk
'51 2R16 dump truck
Many others.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j209/mbstude/avatar2.jpg

rockinhawk
01-11-2008, 06:37 PM
I won Matthew's Grandma's heart in a 56 Hawk!!!

Neil Thornton
Hazlehurst, GA
'57 Silver Hawk
'56 Sky Hawk
'51 2R16 dump truck
Many others.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j209/mbstude/avatar2.jpg