Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Road & Track, May 2017, bottom of page 14 - what do you see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road & Track, May 2017, bottom of page 14 - what do you see?

R&T did a somewhat lame writeup, albiet with beautiful photos, on the cars of Cuba. The writer completely missed this one.

jack vines
    PackardV8

That caught my eye yesterday right away! Was going to post here but you beat me to it. Don't know the legality of if one was to scan and post here. Unfortunately, beyond my mental capacity. Need a teen (they know it all) to SHOW me how. Printed instructions are blah blah blah to me.

Comment

Sure looks like a '56 Flight or Power Hawk.
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Just got the issue and was flipping through thinking,"Wasn't I supposed to be looking for something?" just as I came to page 14. Lookie there, a "Jag" that looks rather..."Amuricun" for a Jag. Hhmmm.

Actually, I have been marveling at how the Cubans have soldiered on with so little, even grafting Mercedes diesel engines into old iron to be able to use cheaper fuel. The motorcycle scene is even more dynamic.

Comment

Working...
        X