No announcement yet.

How Do You Submit Cover Photos for TW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Submit Cover Photos for TW?

Can you send in photos, or does it have to be by "invitation only"? OR, does a professional photographer have to come out and take the photos? Do they accept digital photos, or only prints/negatives? I'd kinda like to submit a picture of my '61 Cruiser, if I can find a really nice background(considering Pearl Fryar's topiary gardens in Bishopville, SC), but I don't want to waste time if that's not the way to go about it.

pitbulllady

I believe there may be something inside (toward the front) Turning Wheels instructing how you can submit photos.

Lee

Comment

I believe there may be something inside (toward the front) Turning Wheels instructing how you can submit photos.

Lee

Comment

There was a "general call" for photos sometime early 2007 and went
        on for several months.....From what I remembered they (the editors)
        got more than enough. The best thing to do is to email Art Unger/Ann
        Turner at tweditor@shaw.ca. as they can give you the info on what
        is needed in a photo, that you would like to submit (size, format,
        kind of disc, and etc).

Good Luck and hope this helps

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

There was a "general call" for photos sometime early 2007 and went
          on for several months.....From what I remembered they (the editors)
          got more than enough. The best thing to do is to email Art Unger/Ann
          Turner at tweditor@shaw.ca. as they can give you the info on what
          is needed in a photo, that you would like to submit (size, format,
          kind of disc, and etc).

Good Luck and hope this helps

Comment

I sent a email to Art and Ann and this is what I got back:

Hi,
            We are not ignoring your question. We are compiling an information page
            about submitting photos to TW as we get many many inquiries and, with the
            new digital technology, requirements and specifications change.

Stay tuned - will send you a copy of that page as soon as it is completed.
            Thanks for your patience.
            Ann

Turning Wheels Editor
            Ann Turner - Art Unger
            ----- Original Message -----
            To: <tweditor@shaw.ca>
            Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 5:08 PM
            Subject: Cover pictures for Turning Wheels

I'll post any info I get, whenever.

Dick
            Mountain Home, AR

Dick
            Mountain Home, AR
            http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Comment

I sent a email to Art and Ann and this is what I got back:

Hi,
              We are not ignoring your question. We are compiling an information page
              about submitting photos to TW as we get many many inquiries and, with the
              new digital technology, requirements and specifications change.

Stay tuned - will send you a copy of that page as soon as it is completed.
              Thanks for your patience.
              Ann

Turning Wheels Editor
              Ann Turner - Art Unger
              ----- Original Message -----
              To: <tweditor@shaw.ca>
              Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 5:08 PM
              Subject: Cover pictures for Turning Wheels

I'll post any info I get, whenever.

Dick
              Mountain Home, AR

Dick
              Mountain Home, AR
              http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Comment

Sounds good; hopefully there will soon be new information in the magazine on how to submit photos, especially those in digital format.

pitbulllady

Comment

Sounds good; hopefully there will soon be new information in the magazine on how to submit photos, especially those in digital format.

pitbulllady

Comment

When they had the "general call", last year, they were
                    pretty specific on what they would accept, digital and
                    otherwise.

Comment

When they had the "general call", last year, they were
                      pretty specific on what they would accept, digital and
                      otherwise.

Comment

The information has appeared in Turning Wheels several times but the same questions keep coming in so that's why we are preparing a "cheat sheet" of sorts so we can send it out to everyone who asks.
                        Basically, the best cover photo will be taken with a film camera (35mm or better) with 100 ASA film and the print enlarged to 8 X 10 or 8 X 12.
                        Second best will be a digital image (not a printout of that image BUT the original digital file). For a cover it will have to be high resolution, meaning a minimum of 3000 pixels wide.
                        Hope this helps.

Art - TW

Comment

The information has appeared in Turning Wheels several times but the same questions keep coming in so that's why we are preparing a "cheat sheet" of sorts so we can send it out to everyone who asks.
                          Basically, the best cover photo will be taken with a film camera (35mm or better) with 100 ASA film and the print enlarged to 8 X 10 or 8 X 12.
                          Second best will be a digital image (not a printout of that image BUT the original digital file). For a cover it will have to be high resolution, meaning a minimum of 3000 pixels wide.
                          Hope this helps.

Art - TW

Comment

quote:Originally posted by monomaniac

Hope this helps.

Art - TW

Yes, that does help. My camera is nearly 10 MP, and images are high-resolution. Can photos be emailed, or do you require an actual storage device with the photos on them? I missed the information last year on how to submit photos, since at that time I wasn't a member of the SDC, unfortunately. I'm currently having some re-painting done on the '61(which is gold, by the way, same as most of the Golden Hawks, though it was apparently custom-ordered that way, since it is a Studebaker paint code), and it's really starting to look great, if I must say so myself(though I am a tad biased)! It's just been a great little car, very fun to drive, and a wonderful source for conversation. I can't say that any other car I've owned or driven has ever been such a source of enjoyment for me. I guess it's natural just to want to show it off a bit!

pitbulllady

Comment

quote:Originally posted by monomaniac

Hope this helps.

Art - TW

Yes, that does help. My camera is nearly 10 MP, and images are high-resolution. Can photos be emailed, or do you require an actual storage device with the photos on them? I missed the information last year on how to submit photos, since at that time I wasn't a member of the SDC, unfortunately. I'm currently having some re-painting done on the '61(which is gold, by the way, same as most of the Golden Hawks, though it was apparently custom-ordered that way, since it is a Studebaker paint code), and it's really starting to look great, if I must say so myself(though I am a tad biased)! It's just been a great little car, very fun to drive, and a wonderful source for conversation. I can't say that any other car I've owned or driven has ever been such a source of enjoyment for me. I guess it's natural just to want to show it off a bit!

pitbulllady

Comment

Working...
                              X