Hi Tone Horn Needed For 64 GT Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Tone Horn Needed For 64 GT Hawk

I'm looking for a hi tone horn for a 64 GT hawk. Anyone have one in working condition or know where I can find one?
    Randy Ridenour
    Frostburg,MD
    1964 GT Hawk
    sigpic

I'll check in the morning and see if I have one. I should...
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

Comment

Me too, I need one.
      Lou Van Anne
      62 Champ
      64 R2 GT Hawk
      79 Avanti II

Comment

I gave up looking, unicorns are easier to find than GT hi tone horns. Lark horns lasted longer because they are in a more protected spot and not subjected to road spray and salt I ended up using a Lark horn with a made-up bracket so it uses the same mounting holes as the GT. Maybe some day I'll find the correct horn for my car.....

Comment

Any one know of a good aftermarket replacement......?
          Lou Van Anne
          62 Champ
          64 R2 GT Hawk
          79 Avanti II

Comment

Thanks, PM me if you find anything.
            Randy Ridenour
            Frostburg,MD
            1964 GT Hawk
            sigpic

Comment

there's a box of horns for sale over @ the Swap Page.... Are the Lark dual horns the same ? I have a pair of good working horns from a 63' Cruiser....

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
                there's a box of horns for sale over @ the Swap Page.... Are the Lark dual horns the same ? I have a pair of good working horns from a 63' Cruiser....
                The horns are basically the same, except they are riveted together with the bracket and are clocked differently. I guess you could drill all the rivets out and reclock with the GT bracket, but it wouldn’t be easy.

Comment

You might find something at the "Churning Wheels" web site.
                  Bill L.
                  1962 GT Hawk

Comment

After searching for a couple of weeks, I found a boxed NOS NAPA Balkamp horn on Ebay. The seller included many detailed pictures in his Ebay listing that showed that the horn was made by Sparton (Studebaker OEM supplier) and was a Model SA . It had the same lug mounts needed for my GT Hawk. The 3 digit number stamped below the model number was a couple of digits off from my original horn but I took a chance on it at $50. You can't tell the difference in the tone so I am happy. From this experience, I learned to pay more attention to parts packaged and sold by parts stores as in some cases they may be the same as OEM.

NOTE: There's a NOS hi tone horn for 62 to 64 GT Hawks on Ebay for $79.95 plus shipping in case anyone is still looking for a horn.
                    Randy Ridenour
                    Frostburg,MD
                    1964 GT Hawk
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X