Outside truck mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside truck mirrors

Suggestions for aftermarket outside mirrors for '55 E5. I tried mirrors from a mid 70's Mustang and they are too small. Also, I do not want anything that looks like original. Thanks

Originally posted by fastjohnll View Post
    Suggestions for aftermarket outside mirrors for '55 E5. I tried mirrors from a mid 70's Mustang and they are too small. Also, I do not want anything that looks like original. Thanks
    In that case, you have a blank canvas and anything that suits you is fair game. If you really want the "cleanest" most aerodynamic look, you could always use the following....

John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I struggled with this for my CE. I plan to drive it and even tow with it so I need mirrors that are functional. The original CE mirror is a great ugly piece of bent tube about a foot and a half long. No.

Of course the problem is magnified by the tiny rear cab window in the CE.

I got a lovely set of those mirrors which mount on the door hinges from Richard. Love the look of them but they are too small and the right side just won't bend enough to really be useful.

My latest solution is a pair of inexpensive mirrors which mount on the door. They're designed for use on a jeep cj. They are fairly large, rectangular with rounded corners and the right side one is a bit convex. I'll paint them body color. I am very excited to be able to do this soon. (I'm convalescing from hip replacement at the moment. Getting some energy back and soon hopefully will be moving completely without the cane.) Unfortunately they will require drilling holes in my newly painted door.

I am hoping they will work well and not look too horrible.
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

They are called West Coast mirrors in some parts of the country. Try searching on that name.

Get the best deals for west coast mirrors at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
        X