PDA

View Full Version : Hurry, Hurry, Hurry.... Wheels You Cain't Live Without!

GrumpyOne
03-30-2017, 04:45 PM
Well...... Maybe.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-STUDEBAKER-LARK-15-INCH-STOCK-WHEELS/132130473366?

jclary
03-30-2017, 05:04 PM
How 'bout that!...Typical junk man...the only 1955 Lark ever made...and he's parting it out!:ohmy:

Wonder if he would trade it for a 1959 Speedster?:rolleyes:

57pack
03-30-2017, 05:10 PM
He he he, :D He states they fit " Studabakers and Parkards".:D

RadioRoy
03-30-2017, 05:30 PM
He says they are sixteen inch, no less. Where did he measure them? Did late trucks come with sixteen inch wheels?

thunderations
03-30-2017, 07:17 PM
OK, you guys all commented on the size, year, model..................what about the price? I've got a set of 15" Lark wheels that I will part with for far less then $500. You can rattle can some white on them yourself.

LarkTruck
03-30-2017, 08:32 PM
These have been listed several times, I can't believe they are still available-NOT! :woot: You would think that for 5 big ones it would at least be a matched set, the one in the top left photo is NOT a Stude wheel, maybe Ford or AMC???
I just sold a set of 4 that matched at York for a whopping 60 bucks! Just sayin'
JS

dleroux
03-30-2017, 09:17 PM
Love the "Cain't" Reminds me of my dad who passed away in 2004. Luckiest man on earth.

drpreposterous
03-31-2017, 10:33 AM
How 'bout that!...Typical junk man...the only 1955 Lark ever made...and he's parting it out!:ohmy:

Wonder if he would trade it for a 1959 Speedster?:rolleyes:

Probably not, though I bet he'd swap it for a '64 Dictator with a genuine Ford 289!

LarkTruck
03-31-2017, 10:37 AM
Sent the seller a message telling him they are not all the same, he replied saying they are. I think he needs glasses!
JS

candbstudebakers
03-31-2017, 10:43 AM
And to think of all the gold I have scrapped in the past, they are not the 55 wheels either, I have found in the past some people think something from a Studebaker and is no longer made has to be worth a lot of money. quite a few years ago a friend bought a R-1 63 Avanti and when he got it he said this will help in my retirement down the road, when he went to sell it it went for $3500.

jclary
03-31-2017, 10:50 AM
Sent the seller a message telling him they are not all the same, he replied saying they are. I think he needs glasses!
JS

Did you also tell him that there was no 1955 Lark? Looking at his "other items," he is trying to sell a Lark instrument cluster as being a 1955 model.

Guido
03-31-2017, 11:12 AM
Wow, lots of energy being spent here on a set of wheels...

jclary
03-31-2017, 01:35 PM
Wow, lots of energy being spent here on a set of wheels...

Ha!:) Perhaps, residual cabin fever?:confused:;)

Guido
03-31-2017, 08:29 PM
Ha!:) Perhaps, residual cabin fever?:confused:;)

No, typical bashing of Craigslist/e-Bay sellers by people here who take joy in ridiculing others.

GrumpyOne
04-01-2017, 01:55 AM
No, typical bashing of Craigslist/e-Bay sellers by people here who take joy in ridiculing others.

Methinks that your irony detector might be broken...

jclary
04-01-2017, 08:49 AM

Methinks that your irony detector might be broken...

A good example of how we, truly an international group, react differently to the same information when it is expressed only in printed words. Without the benefit of facial expressions, spoken inflections, etc. It is easy to understand how what one person interprets as harmless humor, another sees as condescending cruelty, or elitism. However, if I had the task of teaching "Salesmanship," I would certainly find a rich source of material on eBay and Craigslist.

For example, I often see folks trying to sell a horse with expressions like this..."DEAD BROKE," "WON'T LAST LONG!" As a person who has been around horses most of my life, I know exactly what the seller is attempting to convey. It is such a great gentle horse, it is safe to ride, and is such a great deal, that if you don't buy it now, it will be sold quickly!

The problem with the wording is that a potential customer, looking to buy a horse, might be discouraged by the words "Dead Broke," especially when thinking about a living animal. Combine the words dead broke with won't last long, and the potential negative effect is reinforced! In addition to true psychological ramifications, I often see humor in these examples. Others may not.

When I first began posting on the forum, I constantly misused the words quiet/quite. Someone here (don't remember who) corrected me. I wasn't happy about it, but it challenged me to correct it. It also challenged me to learn about "spell checking." I hold no ill will to the person who corrected/criticized my spelling. Although I am still posting with questionable accuracy, due to the criticism it has improved.:)

Now...as to the original subject of this thread...I'm only interested in buying those wheels if they are still attached to the 1955 LARK.:rolleyes:;)

wlfrench
04-01-2017, 10:22 AM

When seeing an ebay listing where the facts are so wrong (1955 Lark) or questionable (4 matching wheels) you have to wonder what this person is up to. Is it just a well meaning but uninformed seller or some kind of deliberate scam. Caveat emptor.

candbstudebakers
04-01-2017, 10:47 AM
I think it is just someone that really does not know his parts, a scammer would thank you for the advice.

GrumpyOne
04-01-2017, 03:15 PM
Now...as to the original subject of this thread...I'm only interested in buying those wheels if they are still attached to the 1955 LARK.:rolleyes:;)

Heh! The closest I can come to that is that a '59 Lark was parked next to a '55 Prez state sedan for a few months. The Lark has been recycled into a resto-rod by a new happy owner...

Xcalibur
04-02-2017, 02:42 PM
Hardly anything unique about faulty Studebaker info. It seems to me that I encounter more that's incorrect than is correct... if they have even heard of them at all.