Dashpot Missing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Dashpot Missing...

I noticed my dashpot is missing from the Carter 4BBL. Carburetor. It has never stalled at a light or when stopping. I see one on E-bay right now that says it replaces Carter 202 69S (which is the number the book shows for my correct one). I guess I'll buy it and install it.

Are these adjusted or just bolted in place or what?

Thanks Jim

Pretty sure there is some adjustment needed-see the repair manual. I'm used to the throttle kicker on Avanti but mine isn't functional, never needed it.

Comment

I'm not specifically familiar with the dashpot you are needing. However, most dashpots have a plunger that goes through a threaded tube attached to a bracket. Thus the threaded portion is used to adjust the plunger contact point. Hope that is helpful.
      '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

If you have an Automatic Transmission car they ARE used, but if it is not a problem for you with stalling on abrupt stops when snapping the Gas Pedal up quickly, it is not not terribly important many cars are fine without them if the Idle speed is not too slow.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
        X