PDA

View Full Version : Valve Cover Color

kamzack
03-25-2017, 04:27 PM
What is the reddish color paint called for 61 engines?
Kim

StudeRich
03-25-2017, 05:32 PM
The more Orange one of the 2 Duplicolor Chevy Red/Orange Engine Enamels.

kamzack
03-25-2017, 10:16 PM
Gonna try to have it powder coated. May have to da a spray off.
Thanks Rich,
Kim

StudeRich
03-26-2017, 02:26 AM
I hope you have a really GOOD eye for Colors Kim, because with Powder Coats, that would likely be the ONLY way to get the right Red.

63067 < This is with TOO much Light, the rear part is close. 63068 < This is more like it.

kamzack
03-27-2017, 01:20 AM
Unfortunately, I'm color stupid. So trying to picture in my mind what the very close color looks like. Doesn't need to be perfect, but don't want it to look like Chevy orange. Thank you for your help Rich.
Kim

StudeRich
03-27-2017, 03:18 AM
I get it, I am sorry I did not know you wanted it your way instead of what is correct. :ohmy:

starliner62
03-27-2017, 05:30 AM
Eastwood has a Vermilion red that is real close if you want to powder coat it.

kamzack
03-28-2017, 01:17 AM
I do in fact it close as can be gotten to correct and your pic was big help. That's why I asked. Don't quite know why I deserve the comment u made. I asked for help on the color because I'm not good with colors or color stupid. You're very much like a brilliant surgeon that people seek out, but has a very nasty bed side manner. I respect your knowledge, your hands on experience and the fact that you're willing to point things out to people. But don't like your smartass ways of speaking to me and others in such a condescend manner. You make it hard for some folk to stay endured to our brand. You are just about the main reason I quit responding a most of the posts here. You're right there ready like a hawk on fence waiting for prey to bust a move so you can attack. After all you are the only know all Stude guy we should be blessed to have. Wish you could mix in more kindness and less sarcasm. You and only you take much of the fun of reading here. When I grow up I do not want to be like you. I've had this on my mind ever since you recovered from near death.
Kim Kramer
hudsonbaker@myexcel

StudeRich
03-28-2017, 01:23 AM
Sorry that YOU think that is sarcastic or something, it is just stating the facts.

You asked for the CORRECT Color, then when I tell you it is Chevy Orange, you say you do not want that Color. :ohmy:
So I had to say I am sorry for misunderstanding your intent.

Who is misunderstanding whom? :confused: